29. acting

The third update today, yeyy.

A week passed throughout which the boys didn't see Jeno that much. He was really spending time alone, hiding from people's sight.

"ISTG, Jaemin I don't understand him, he must be retarded or something", Renjun scratches his head and mutters while the boys play xbox.

"Me neither", the boy turns to the side and observes the space around him, "But hey, he aint understand himself either"

They both look at each other and a sudden idea enlightens the older,

"But we could help him understand, you know?"

Jaemin stares at him confused and lost, "Excuse me, but how?"

Renjun grabs the boy's phone and hands it to him, "Here, call him"

Jaemin gives him a judging look, "Explain thyself, please. Why the heck Imma call him?"

Renjun rolls his eyes and scoffs, "You're so slow. You call him and invite the dude to Haechan's birthday party tonight. There we're gonna make him extra jealous. You're telling him we're dating, but ask him to keep it a secret, because I don't want people to know I'm gay and stuff. LMAO, but look, it can work. He's gonna be so jealous"

Jaemin takes the phone still processing the older's words,

"So you're gonna act like you're my boyfriend, so that Jeno gets jealous? Are you really doing this for me?"

"No, I'm doing this for Yuqi. Ugh, just call him, and lemme listen as well", Renjun kneels beside his friend and puts his ear on the phone.

"Hey, Jaemin. How are you?"

The boy answers the phone in a moment, as always, as if he always waits for someone's call.

"I'm fine, but how about you? You were so angry when you left school that day".

The boy lets a sigh from the other line,

"I'm fucked up. I wanna say sorry to you. I had to apologize to you before I did it to Yuqi. I just got mad all of a sudden I don't know what's wrong with me"

Jaemin's expression softens but Renjun pinches his arm pointing at himself with both of his hands.

"Hey, don't worry about it.. Actually I'm-, me and Renjun, we're dating. Now I don't feel salty about you two, so that's ok, I-", Jaemin cringes before muttering, "I love my boyfriend"

He keeps blabbering nonstop until receiving another pinch from Renjun and a "shut your mouth" sign.

The boy on the other line stays silent for a while but his breathing is very loud,

"I-, I thought Renjun wasn't gay.. Since when you two started dating?"

"No, he isn't gay, he's bisexual, or pansexual, to cut it short I don't know but he loves me. Since yesterday, yep", Jaemin looks at Renjun who's staring at him through a facepalm.

"Well.. I'm glad for you guys.."

Jeno sounds sad and Jaemin high fives his friend with his free hand.

"Hey, btw, it's Haechan's birthday today, it's Renjun's friend, so he's throwing a party. So we thought maybe you could come as well"

Jeno hesitates for a moment then utters.

"Ugh.. Okay? I'll be there"

Jaemin makes a loud fake laugh, "We're picking you up at around 7pm, be prepared"

-///////-

The two come to Jeno's as they promised and the boy meets them sleepy and disheveled.

"Hey", his voice croaks and sounds sore.

"You were sleeping?", Renjun stares at him unable to believe how messy the boy has become since their last encounter. Jaemin's lashes flutter as he feels pity for his friend-but-also-crush.

They get inside and Jeno goes upstairs to change up,

"C'mon when he comes back, we're in. Cling on me and do other skinship", Renjun mimics Jaemin's clinginess.

"I don't know, at this point I don't wanna do it that much. Look how pathetic he is, like a lost puppy"

Renjun smacks his hand on his face, "Ooof, seriously? That's for your and his benefit, you dumb"

When Jeno appears Jaemin's mouth falls open at the view. The boy's pitch black hair was combed back and he was wearing a dark denim jacket with blue jeans and white sneakers.

Jaemin gets a hold of Renjun's hand still unable to avert his gaze from Jeno. It's when a peck lands on his cheek, causing the boy to furiously blush and turn to Renjun. Apparently the older isn't confident that much as well, smiling through gritted teeth and blinking like a porcelain doll. They then turn to Jeno, who looks at their connected hands and becomes extremely upset.

"Jaemin, you look cute.. as always"

Renjun clears his throat, "Hey, don't hit on my princess"

Both Jaemin and Jeno cringe and stare at him awestruck, "Princess?"

Jeno chimes and shifts his eyes to Jaemin who is furiously blushing.

Jaemin continues the boy's words, "It kinda sucks to be a princess with no puthy. Don't call me that, sweetheart. How about babynana?"

Renjun resists the urge to scream, feeling extremely awkward and clumsy,

"Okkaay, baby.. Na..na?"

There's a silence between them which makes everyone nervous and at the same time they want to laugh at the stupidity which can't be explained by any human language.

"So, are we gonna leave or what?", Jeno finally breaks the silence.

They get out of the house and Renjun lets go of the younger's hand once they are spotted by a group of girls. Jeno notices this and Renjun chuckles nervously,

"I'm still kinda in gay denial. Don't want to be judged yet"

At these words Jeno makes a thoughtful face, causing the two to look at each other with a silent question plastered on their face. Jaemin leans in and Renjun whispers into his ear,

"He's also a gay in denial, I mean not also, he is the only gay in denial, since I'm pretending. That's why he's processing what I just said"

Jaemin gets a little closer to the boy, who's still deep in thoughts,

"Why are you so emo, is everything okay with you and Yuqi?"

Jeno lifts his head and looks into the boy's eyes still sad,

"I decided to break up with her"

Jaemin's eyes widen, "But wh-why?"

Jeno shifts his eyes to Renjun, then back to Jaemin with a little smile, which doesn't look happy at all.

"I better be single. I don't want any relationships for now. I hurt everyone I love"

I always make the best cliffhangers, ikr.

also check my other nomin books, heeeyyy.