27. talent show

too much angst. /sigh/

Jaemin didn't want to rehearse at all. He felt depressed and pathetic, ever since Yuqi told him about the consequences of that night. The boy was lying on his bed while Renjun kept poking him.

"Fuck that stupid Jeno. Let's rehearse, Jaemiiiin. Why the heck you're giving up on your life because of some jerk?"

The boy nuzzles his face into the pillow deeper,
"Yeah. Fuck Jeno. Fuck Yuqi. Fuck the show. Fuck life"

Renjun rolls his eyes and shakes the boy's body with both of his hands,
"No, fuck you, weakling. Get your ass up and go rehearse. We're gonna burn the stage tomorrow and all the boys will be yours.. and all the girls will be mine, yeah bitch"

"I want only one boy, who thinks I'm a goddamn mistake, thanks but no"

Jaemin keeps listening to songs in shuffle and gets sad when both love songs like "Marry you" by Bruno Mars and "Just one day" by Bts and sad songs like "Thank you, next" by Ariana Grande and "I don't love you" by my chemical romance play. Everything about love makes him sad at the moment.

"Jaemin you're being so selfish, please get up and help me. I can't do it myself, I need you. Look, I need you, are you gonna dump me at the most inappropriate moment? Then you're nothing better than your stupid crush"

Finally the honey-haired boy raises his head from the pillow and rubs his eyes.

"Ugh.. I was about to cry, you spoilt my depressive mood.. K, let's go"

Renjun claps cheerfully,
"I so freakin love you, my guy, I promise Imma do whatever you want other than being gay"

Jaemin stretches and emits a sound resembling cat's meow,

"Whatever I want? Carry me downstairs, on your hands"

Renjun's eyes widen but he complies, lifting the boy's body in a second.

"Woah, you hecka strong"
Jaemin clings on his friend afraid to fall.

"Told ya"

-///////-

The two boys nervously repeat some dance moves they didn't have enough time to perfect while they stand behind the scenes waiting for their performance.

It's when Jeno and Yuqi appear dressed in the clothes like in the lalaland movie. Jaemin and Jeno look at each other awkwardly and the former turns to Renjun with a big smile.

"We're gonna take the first place, don't worry"

Yuqi approaches the boy and Jeno has to follow looking anywhere but Jaemin.

"Heys, guys. You look so hot, Jeno has competitors for being the hottest tonight.. Um.. Jeno?"

She looks at her boyfriend in confusion and he finally looks up,
"Oh, I'm kinda getting nervous"

Their eyes meet and Jaemin's heart makes a flip,
"Yeah, you guys look cool. Good luck, Jaemin"

The younger smiles a little, noticing how guilty Jeno sounds for the tenth time.
"Thanks. Same to you"

-///////-

Jaemin and Renjun make everyone hold their breath with their performance and noone believes they're only 18. All the girls keep screaming at every move of their dance and even boys cheer to them loudly.

After some other performances, it's finally the infamous couple's turn. White lights illuminate the stage as the two appear opposite to each other and start circling gorgeously as Jaemin and the older did that day.
Everyone start chattering about how beautiful the boy and girl look not helping Jaemin to restrain himself from being jealous.

He holds his breath and with each step of Jeno towards Yuqi his heart beats faster and faster. It's when they finally meet each other's backs and start circling together the boy remembers that it's going to end with kiss.

Jaemin wants to leave but at the same time he is too curious to miss the dance. As if he harms himself playing with fire but loves to see it burn. His heart is burning and he needs to know how much it can handle.

The end is near, both for the performance and his heart, thinks the boy to himself as he stares in awe at the person he loves with someone probably he loves.

All of a sudden Jaemin realises that he likes Shakespeare. His words about love were so accurate. That it's never mutual, that it's the beginning of the end. You fall in love, you lose the game.

Meanwhile Jeno lifts the girl upper and upper and they circle like two swans with wings spread. The final notes of the music echo throughout the hall and everyone gasps, a heavy silence falling afterwards.

Kiss.

A tender kiss ends the performance, as it was expected.

The audience applaud so loudly but their screams of cheer are much louder.

Jaemin just stands there like a stone, devastated and empty. He is neither sad nor angry, as if his soul left his body because it refused to be caged in his shattered heart.

The next second his feet start to rescue him as well, carrying the boy towards the exit. He makes his way through the crowd as they keep talking about what he doesn't want to hear at all.

"Jaemin wait!", he barely hears his friend calling from behind.

He gets out of the school and rushes home. He feels someone chasing him and runs out of breath, stopping and inhaling deep.

"Jaemin.. I'm so sorry. I feel you, I felt your pain. I kept looking at you during the dance. You were so sad",
a pair of hands lift his face and he gives in, tears rolling down his cheeks,

"Look at me. Sorry, I made you come and see this. Hey, Jaemin-ah, don't cry. You're so pretty, I can be your boyfriend. Please stop crying, it's too sad"

Renjun hugs the boy and he starts crying into the crook of his neck.

"Don't be so sad, I promise he'll regret making you cry, we'll make him regret, k?"

They hold hands and return home in silence as Jaemin looks down while Renjun only looks at him.

okay, it aint renmin, i dont ship them, but i love my renjun who is a pure angel, ready to support sad guys like us and Jaemin.

Just Dudes Being Guys (or gays) // nomin/jaenoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara