30. drunken love

one more chapter, since I'm depressed to no end, and need your love.

The boys immediately stop their flirting in front of Jeno, which is no surprise. They are both too kind to hurt him, since it seems like he's having a tough time at the moment.

They enter the house where loud music is bursting and people are everywhere around. Jaemin's eyes widen as he pokes Renjun's side.

"Hey, this is hecka fancy party. How come all of your friends are so rich?"

Renjun just shrugs, "No idea, really. Apparently, I'm just a magnet for gay and rich people"

"There are tons of people here.. I've never met so many in my entire life", Jeno clumsily observes his surroundings.

"Haechan is one social butterfly. He is a careless and flirty joker, who happens to be rich, but hey, you guys get surprised at this knowing that we study at the best school out there? Every other kid is rich as fuck in our school. Jeno, you have your own house, lmao. Jaemin.. Well, I don't know you that much, but your outfits are hecka dope"

There they see a girl carrying food and drinks, and she flashes Renjun a smile, causing the boy to whistle.

"Dayum, issa hot chick. Gotta go, guys"

Jaemin grabs him by his hoodie, "Honey, you want me to stab you at someone's birthday?"

Renjun gasps and scrunches his nose as he remembers that he must be pretending to be the younger's boyfriend.

"I'm-, I'm sorry. Banana-, whaat? Babynana"

They turn to Jeno who's face screams confusion.

"Um.. Renjun? What the actual fuck?", the black-haired boy raises his eyebrows in question.

"I'm just not used to dating him yet, okay? My inner hetero is showing up"

Jeno shrugs and plops on the sofa, surfing his phone.

"He's hella introverted, that guy..", Renjun mutters stuffing food into his mouth, "Let's go, Jaemin, we're gonna have fun"

But the younger can't take his eyes off Jeno, who seems too depressed to even make friends at such a crowded place.

"You go, Imma stay with him for a while"

Renjun looks at him confused then lets a sigh, "I think Imma ship you two, you are so painfully in love, I'm always thirdwheeling, but I aint complain at this point. Real life drama"

Jaemin pats his shoulder and heads towards Jeno. He shoves his hand into the pocket of his jacket and takes out a small pink toy. He then puts it on his face and sits beside Jeno,

"Heyyoww, Mishterr Jenoww. My name is Pinkeu-bear, I cheer up antisocial but kind guys like you"

The older looks at Jaemin and the boy bats his eyelashes in a cute way,

"Heyow, pinkeu-bear, you sound like my precious Jaemin. This is good but strange", Jeno smiles happily and caresses the toy.

Jaemin has never felt so much in love in his entire lifetime. That simple sweet act makes his heart go through a rollercoaster of feelings and he doesn't know how is it possible for him to love someone other than this amazing naïve and sweet creature named Jeno. Maybe, he thinks at the back of his mind, maybe he feels the same way but something makes it hard for the boy to embrace his feelings.