Epilogue

TRAVIS

I grabbed my bag and keys and headed out the door to my new condo. I walked next door and open the door to Micah's new condo. We both agreed to move into a new building and be neighbors so neither of us had to be too far away from the girls.

I walked in and heard screaming from who I already knew was Marley. She didn't like it when she woke up before I got here. I went straight to the kitchen and picked her up out of her high chair kissing her until she calmed down. I added Mehkie to my other side and kissed all over her until she giggled.

"Morning Micah"

"Good Morning Travis" she continued to cook without looking back "How was last night?"

"Ehhh I ended it early"

"Why? She was cute and you seem to like her before"

"The conversation got on kids and I explained that I have Marley and Mehkie. She wanted to know about our relationship and I told her we were best friends. That started a tangent about how baby mommas and daddy's can't be friends. She said and I quote 'if you were fucking your baby mother then you could've just told me from jump' I didn't even see the point in arguing with her. I paid for the food then took her home. "

"That was so ignorant! What's she supposed to be a doctor?"

"A nurse"

"Taking care of people when she the one that need a brain"

"I mean after I dropped her off I definitely could see where she was coming from. I mean if you wanted me, I would cave and we would bang it out. Honestly, I think if I wanted you it would be the same"

"Oh really"

"Yep but I respected your feelings and our situations so I won't put you in that position"

"I guess"

"Why you want me with someone new so bad anyway" my eyebrow rose "Must got a new nigga hitting you up"

"I don't" she rolled her eyes "I told you I'm not about to be in anymore relationships. I'm done with that shit"

"Stop lying" I laughed "You being dramatic and you're too young to be on a fuck mean spree"

"I'm happy without a nigga in my face"

"But i'm always in your face so really you happy with me being the only nigga in yo face"

She rolled her eyes and sat my plate in front of me. She grabbed her food and sat down ignoring what I said. Truth be told, I knew Micah wanted us to be a family. Dave and me got closer since he's the twin's godfather, and he tells me all the time how much she's letting her pride stop us from being a traditional family.

I shook my head as we ate and fed the girls together. Once breakfast was over, I got the girls bathed and dress while Micah got ready to go to the dance studio. I took off today to spend time with Micah and the girls, but Micah was teaching her first class since having the twins. We agreed that I would come watch with the twins at her class after we do random shit togeether.

Our first destination was the park. We had a picnic and play with the girls. Marley didn't want to leave my arms unless she was going to Micah but Mehkie was attempting to be an escape artist and roll away as soon as she hit the blanket. I couldn't help but smile watching my girls.

After the park we went to have lunch with my dad. He and my mom separated the week after the twins were born. He had been planning it since the blow up at the house. I hadn't spoke to my mother since then but Tim says she's fine when she's around and pretends like nothing wrong. My dad also is unfazed. He uses his time loving the girls and his grandson from Olivia with all his heart. That's been his main focus and he has no plans to change.