Chapter 17: Prototypes VS Duplicates

TRAVIS

I watched as Micah got dressed for the dinner but didn't say much when we got to the lobby, I stopped her and made her look at me. I quickly took her picture before pulling her into a hug and kiss.

"Baby we don't have to go if you really don't want to" I kissed her neck

"Travis I'm not thrilled but I mean eventually this will happen so instead of it being at some super bougie function, dinner at a restaurant just seems more appropriate" she laughed "I promise I'm fine. Even if my girls weren't coming... you're all I need to be at peace"

"Thank you bae"

We walked to the car and got in. I posted Micah on IG before starting the car and pulling off.

@Trav

@Trav.Barron: Sometimes you gotta be her peace ☮️ #Mine❤️ #BestFriend #MyQueen👑@ForeverQueenB

It wasn't until we pulled up to the restaurant that Micah pulled me into a kiss. We just stared at each other for a moment before getting out and letting the valet have my key. I looked at the time as we walked in. We were a couple minutes late but I wasn't pressed.

Once we got to the table everyone was there. It was a large round table in a private room in the restaurant. Everyone was seated so that I was sitting between Carmen and Micah. Beside Micah was Ralph and Rae. Next was Olivia and Tim, with Khari, David and his wife beside. I was pleased that no conflicting people actually sat beside each other. We all shared greetings as we sat down.

We were able to order and everything be cool, but of course Khari had to stir the fucking pot.

"Well this isn't our usual group" she sipped her wine "No formal introductions?"

"Well" Olivia smiled "Everyone knows Rae, this is her boyfriend Raphael. Umm Micah is umm Travis' girlfriend. Ralph and Micah are siblings----"

"Isn't that cute" Gabby smirked at Micah

"Right" Olivia niavely agreed "Oh and you all know Keith as well. Keith is engaged to Carmen"

"Micah's best friend" Carmen spoke cocking her head to the side at Gabby

"Umm you all met us but this is David's wife Gabby and our friend Khari"

"Pleasure is yours I'm sure" Khari spoke looking at Micah

Micah sipped her wine not speaking a work, which made me laugh.

"Something funny Travie" Khari asked me batting her eyes

"You wouldn't get the joke dollface" Micah spoke up without looking at her but turning to me instead "Right babe"

"Right" I smirked

"So" Gabby put her glass down "Newbies, what does everyone do? You know for a living?"

"You first" Carmen spoke