Chapter 20: New Friends... New Opinions

MICAH

i walked through the studio putting some final touches on a few things before I left for my flight. I was flying into New York to do Dave's video. Travis was coming to see the studio and take me to lunch before I leave. It was something different about everything. I felt something in the pit of my stomach was wrong but I couldn't figure out what it was.

My thoughts were interrupted by Travis wrapping his arms around me. I smiled just being in his arms and taking in his cologne.

"This must be Carmen's floor"

"No" I laughed "This is miscellaneous. We would hold events down here. I have the second floor and then Carmen will get the third for art studio. She still deciding if she wants to have art classes or not"

"I love it baby" he hugged me "I am so proud of you for making this shit happen"

"Thank you" I kissed him "It means a lot to have support through all of this"

"I'm always going to support you baby girl"

I wanted so bad to tell him I love him but I couldn't get it out. For some reason, I was so scared to actually say it. I just smiled and moved away to grab my things. We kept joking about things as we headed to the car.

We talked on the way to the restaurant. I was definitely going to miss my baby throughout these two weeks. I just admired him as we followed the waitress to the table. I was quickly snapped out of my gaze when I saw his parents sitting at the table.

"Travis" I grabbed his arm

"Please baby"

He pulled me forward by my hand as if this wasn't a set up. I put on a smile when we arrived

"Hey ma! Sup pops!"

He hugged his mother as I hugged his father. When he hugged his father is mother and I just starred at each other. We sat down and ordered drinks before Mr. Barron finally started the conversation.

"So Micah, I hear your grand opening is coming soon?"

"It feels soon but I have some time"

"What are you opening" his mother asked

"Umm its a studio"

She nodded

"Micah's actually about to leave for a couple weeks"

"Where you off too?"

"Umm I'm going to New York"

"Vacation" his mother smirked

"No it's for work" I smiled "I am choreographing for a music video and if all goes well I'll be doing two. I just signed a contract with a music director as his choreographer so any time he is shooting something that requires a dance, I am on it. Consider it my second job"

Mr. Barron laughed before fist bumping me "That's my girl"

"Thanks Mr. Barron"

"Isn't she amazing"

Travis looked at me while caressing my thigh under the table. I kissed his cheek before they moved on to the next topic. As they talked about different things, I began to answer a few messages. Then one came in from Dave.

TEXT:

Baby girl where you at?

I'm at lunch with my bf and his parents

Bet! He bringing you to the airport?

Yeah

Alright we in a private plane so just hit me up when you get here