Chapter 14: Us Against Them

MICAH
P
It's been two months of pure amazement with Travis. Everyone else has been out to put a title of us. It's hilarious at the frustration us dating brings out. Our friends just want us to be together so bad. Ralph even came around after he and Travis talked.

Today, I was taking Travis to lunch with Ralph and our mom. It's hilarious watching him get ready and be so nervous about it. When we finally got in the car he was so tense driving, I decided to take a picture of him.

 When we finally got in the car he was so tense driving, I decided to take a picture of him

ForeverQueenB: My King 👑 Match My Fly 😍🤤 @trav.barron

He smiled over at me before grabbing my hand and kissing it. We rode in a comfortable silence all the way to the restaurant. I picked Amerigo's which was mom and my favorite.

When we parked I could see Travis was extremely nervous. I giggled before kissing his cheek and getting out. We headed inside and were taking to a table with Mom, Ralph, and Reagan. We did our greetings hugging and kissing until it was Mom and Travis.

"Ma this is Travis... Travis this is my god-earthbound mother Alana Davis"

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Travis hugged her

"Oh no the pleasure is mine!"

We sat down and kept silent as the waiter approached. He took our drink orders only to come back quickly for our food order. Once we ordered the waiter left and everyone seemed so tense.

"So" Momma started "Travis what do you do?"

"I am the CEO of an engineering firm. I started it after I graduated. It's small but growing"

"Impressive" she smiled "You sure you like Micah?"

"Ma!" I jokingly took offense

Everyone laughed.

"I do" Travis answered her "I like everything about her. She's the greatest person I've ever met"

"What do you guys think about this hmm friendship between the two of them" she turned to Ralph and Reagan

Ralph shrugged his shoulders which Reagan hit before speaking.

"I love them together" she beamed "I really think they are perfect for one another"

"Travis know what's up" Ralph added "So I'm cool with whatever"

"That's after I let him know what's up for my little sister"

"Yeah whatever"