Chapter 7 - His Something New

MICAH POV

It's been almost two weeks since the wedding and I was back with Carmen helping her finish the last of her Halloween party plans. I was zoned out in another world but could hear her talking. Carmen soon realized it and threw a candy bag at me.

"Sorry" I laughed

"What's been up with you? You been spacing a lot lately"

"I don't know" I sighed "I just been thinking.... what am I really doing?"

" Meaning?"

"What's next for me? I'm not trying to manage the shop forever. I gave all the management for the club to Tiana. What am I going to do now?"

"Well, what do you want to do?"

I paused before smiling "Remember when we got high that one time"

"Oh Lord! A high story is connected to what you want to do"

"Shut up" I threw papers at her "I'm serious"

"Okay" she laughed "I guess I remember"

"We talked about buying like an art center and shit. We could do that!"

"What?" she looked shocked

"Think about it. If we get a space big enough, I can teach dance, you can teach art. We can get paid to do what we already love. And you wouldn't have to worry about selling through a gallery. We could sell your art too!"

"Wow" she smiled "You really been thinking about this heavy huh?"

"It just keeps coming to mind. I want to be happy with what I do. I mean I'm still thinking about grad school and everything, but right now.... I want to live my dream and do what I love too"

"Well, honestly best friend...." she paused before smiling at me "I couldn't think of a better idea of living the dream with my best friend!"

I screamed and hugged her "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"Oh shut up!" she pushed me away "You knew I would say yes anyway!"

I stuck my tongue out at her before we finished getting things ready.

"So tomorrow are you going to help me set up?"

"You know I got you"

"Well what are you going to be?"

"Haven't decided"

"Well let me help you" she smirked "Travis is coming so I'm thinking super sexy school girl"

I laughed "You're horrible"

"What? You know you got kinky costumes for days"

"If I wear my school girl costume, I'm not a school girl... I'm a stripper"

We stared at each other before we broke out into laughter.

"You just had to----"

"Hey it's a fact. No big deal"

"Just don't tell Travis that..... actually never mind that might get you some eggplant sooner"

"You need help"

"And you need dick"

I shrugged her craziness off before we hugged and parted ways. I headed to my apartment which was weird to me still. I wasn't fully comfortable with my new place yet. I quickly changed clothes and head to the shop.

When I got to the shop everyone was in a room with a client. I decided to work on the books while I wasn't busy. Half way through I heard Ralph coming out with his client. I looked up to see Kane smiling at me. I shook my headed before ignoring him. Ralph and him talked for a few moments before he leaned down and kissed my forehead then left. Ralph looked stunned but we both remained silent until someone walked in. I looked at the door to see Reagan and Travis.