Chapter 3- A Side Chick's Truth

I kissed Alex on the cheek before getting into my car. Our weekend get away turn into a week of getting away. I knew Alex has a little crush, but I was juggling to many niggas to try and add another one to the mix. He took his rejection well though.

I pulled out of the parking garage and headed to my apartment. I was praying David would not be there but seeing how he pays every bill I have now and he has keys to my house and car, you never know. When I pulled up I was relieved to see he was not there. I got my thing and headed inside. My relieve immediately turn to aggravation when I saw my late rent notice and realized my lights were cut off. I pulled out my phone to call David with no care in the world what he could be doing.

Phone:

"So you do still know my number" he answered "Thought you ran away"

"I told you I was going on a trip with my friend---"

"Not for a week"

"Cheering up turn into a vacation. So what?"

"I just miss you baby girl"

"You didn't hit me up. Plus how can you miss me when you did not pay my rent or my light bill. How am I suppose to live D? I don't need you to pay----"

"Don't we have date night whenever that stuff is due?"

"Yeah"

"Okay" he chuckled "I didn't get my date so I forgot B. It's no big deal. I'll call about the lights, and you can come get the rent from me"

"You want me..... at you office?" I laughed "You sure the lady with the dragon tattoo is welcome there. Don't want to freak out the boogie ass rich laywers"

"Stop B!" he sounded serious "And fuck what they got to say. Now, come see me"

"Fine David"  I sighed "But remember this was your idea"

"Just call me when you're downstairs and I'll walk you up"

"Okay"

"I love you baby girl"

"I love you too bae"

:End

As much as David irritated the fuck out of me. I couldn't deny the fact that I loved him. It might sound crazy after our last fight, but I realized I was upset about the baby. I never wanted to be David's wife. I like what we had because I didn't want more than that right now. When that time comes, David will be well in the past for me.

I kept thinking about life as I got dressed and headed out the door. I sang along to Rihanna's ANTI album as I drove towards David's office. It only took about ten minutes to get there and park. I headed inside and started calling him. He answered after a couple rings.

"Hello?"

No Response

"David I'm here, Hello?"

No Response

"David, oh my God, you and this phone agitate me"

I hung up and sat down waiting for him to realize he answered without speaking. I started texting Shawn and Raph about work as I waited for David. After about five minute, David called me but hung up before I could answer. I looked around but didn't see him so I went back to my phone.

"Umm excuse me" I heard a voice in front of me

I looked up to see her. David's wife.....very pregnant wife. My heart stopped and I froze. I never cared if she knew about me and David.....but seeing her pregnant hurt worst than I could have imagined. She was carrying his child. She would was again have something of his I couldn't.