Chapter 32: Shaky Ground

TRAVIS

I was beyond pissed. I pulled up at Keith's place and headed straight to the door. I started banging like a mad man until it was open by Carmen. She mugged me.

"What do you want?"

"Where's Keith?"

"Keith!" she yelled 

"What?" he walked up "Yo Travis what are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you"

"Alright" he kissed her before stepping outside and closing the door "What's up?"

"You weren't going to tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"Micah's fucking pregnant!" I raised my voice "You didn't think you should tell me that?"

"That wasn't my place professionally or personally"

"Oh it's like that?"

"Travis stop acting like that girl didn't try to tell you. Shit half them calls she made that whole month she tried where at my house! You didn't want to fucking know! So don't come at me like I'm some bad fucking friend for not telling you"

"You think it's mine?"

"Do I think---Nigga is you serious right now?"

"Should've known"

"Look, I know shit got crazy between you and Mic... but she never cheated on you man. You let somebody hit you with some foul ass lies"

"Yall can believe her ass, but it's not true... I know what it is"

"Whoever told you that shit lied..." he shook his head "You didn't even try to hear her out though so it's on you"

"I tried to talk---"

"You went looking for what you wanted to hear. She told you the truth but you had already decided what the truth was... Everyone want to talk to you. Niggas was flying in trying to hit you up but she stopped it all"

"What?"

"Yeah" he nodded "Said if you couldn't believe the truth when she said it then it didn't matter what really happen. You said everything you felt about her... you ruin yall relationship. Not her"

I looked away from him feeling odd yet again.

"You my boy and you always will be... but you foul for everything you said and did to Micah. I don't even think you realize what all you did... through everything though, she only thought about you. She gave up trying to tell you because of how stressed it made her. She gave up because it took three months before she believed me that her baby was gone make it. Now she's having two.... she hasn't danced, changed her diet, don't really do anything. All so your child, your children, can make it here. And what you do? Leave her all by herself... for Khari wack ass?"

"Aye---"

"Nah" he shook his head "You let them talk you into going back to a broad that's been foul throughout everything you've been through with her. Shit she was foul when yall wasn't together. But that's who you marrying"

"We always end up together. It's just how it is... it works for us"

"Are you happy?"

"Man---"

"No bullshit... Travis are you happy?"

"I'm doing what I gotta do for my family. Khari is having my baby and we gone be a family and make this shit work. All the rest of this bullshit is just background noise"