Chapter 6 - Sparks

******* A Month Later *******

Ralph, Reagan, and I got ready for the wedding before meeting up with Alex and Layla at Layla's house. Alex and Ralph loaded up the truck with our equipment and a few of their homies showed up to follow us there to help with unloading.

When we got to the venue, I thought I was in a new fucking world. It was stunning. As the guys set up, Reagan went off to do her maid of honor thing, and I went inside to find a piano for Alex to practice on. The wedding planner snatched me up and told me that I would be singing to an instrumental so the rest of the band the make the stage look "bulky". I shoulder shrugged it and went to my spot to see how it would look. Once I got a grasp I headed to the sound room to practice with the music.

I had only practice for about ten minutes before someone came into the sound room. I turned to see David in a tuxedo and his puppy dog face.

"Can I help you? You lost?" I spoke as if he was a stranger

"Can we talk?"

"Nah, I'm busy" I turned away from him trying to restart the song

"B please" I felt him walk up behind me so I moved "B----"

"Stop! Just stop! There is nothing for you to say to me. There is nothing to discuss. There is no us. I'm good. You go be good with your wife okay" I opened the door "I gotta practice"

"Look, I'll leave you alone. Just hear me out"

"You got two minutes"

"The door?"

"Stays open. I don't trust you."

He sighed "I wanted to tell you I'm sorry. I should've never done what I did to you or her. It was all on me and I'm sorry for that. I know I hurt you. I know I hurt you like you've been hurt in the past.... I never wanted to be just another mistake in your life. I really do love you B. Maybe one day you'll forgive me. I don't know, but I wanted you to know that I'm beyond sorry....and that I'll always love you"

"Times up" I looked the other way

I could see from my peripherals him shake his head before walking out. I shook my head before heading outside to find Layla. I hugged her immediately and she knew what was wrong. I took a deep breathe and sighed.

"His managed to find you in this big ass space"

"It took everything in me not to beat his ass"

"Calm down. We can light up after this and relax but don't let him get to you. You look bad as hell right now. Make him regret everything he ever did to wrong you"

I laughed "Bitch you always know what to say"

"Hey I might be a lesbian but I am a girl. I'm like the best of both worlds all wrapped in one"

"Whatever"

"Now come on before this crazy white woman with the headset start yelling"

"The wedding planner?"

"Look she aint identify herself. She had a clip board and a walkie screaming"

We both laughed before heading back inside with others. Ralph, Alex, and Layla sat at the back on the bride side. I stood behind the bride side as well. Reagan was in the wedding party but was walking in right before Olivia. Everyone was taking their seats and it was almost time to start. The music began to play and the wedding party walked in.

Tim entered walking up the isle. He went to the bride side and kissed a woman on the cheek, then went to the groom side and kissed what looked to be his mother and shook his father's hand. He shook hands with the pastor before taking his position. The rest of the party entered. When it got to the end, my mouth drop when I saw mystery man Travis walking down the isle with a bridesmaid. I quickly caught myself before anyone noticed. Reagan had to walk in with David as the maid of honor and best man. The flower girl and ring bearer came in and it was my cue. I began to sing and everyone stood. Olivia walked in with a man who resembled Travis. I sang Love & War by Tamar Braxton as if it was my wedding day. I soften my voice as she got closer. They timed it so I would stop at the end of the second choirs with her at the alter.