Chapter 34: Connected Souls

*DISCLAIMER: THE LAST THREE CHAPTERS WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY LONG!*

MICAH

I was sitting in the emergency room with Reagan, Ralph, and Carmen. They got my contractions to stop and were calling my OBGYN. We were just waiting when I heard my name and a familiar panic voice.

"What the hell?" I whispered as our eyes met

"Oh shit" Ralph turned around

"Did yall call him?" I looked at them shake they head "How?"

"Micah?" he came in my room and to my bed side "What happen are you okay?"

"We're going to step out" Carmen grabbed Ralph and Reagan "Let us know what the doctor says"

I waited until they were gone before looking at him. I looked down at my stomach when I noticed his hand was there gently rubbing it in a circle.

"How did you---"

"I had a dream..." his eyes began to water as he looked at my belly "They're kicking"

"They do that whenever I'm close to you" I admitted "What was the dream?"

He shook his head as the tears rolled

"Travis you gotta talk to me. I'm okay. Just tell me"

"You were in an accident... I ran but I made it" he sniffled "They did an emergency c-sections"

"Oh wow"

"They were so beautiful" he smiled before kissing my belly before speaking against it "My baby girls are so beautiful Micah. Marley and Mehkie---"

"How did you know those names?"

"It was what you named them in the dream.... they were cute"

"I picked those names" I whispered "Marley Taija and Mehkie Talia"

"Wow" he smirked "I guess God wanted to have a chat with me"

"How did you dream get you hear?" I looked at him in his eyes

"You.... at the end of my dream.... you were dying. They were pulling me away and it was like you left us.... then I was just gone.... I woke up and it felt so real I had to come and make sure you weren't here"

"Well I am but we're fine"

"You're okay... but we're not fine"

"Travis I don't think----"

"Knock! Knock!"

The door open and my OBGYN, Dr. Lizza, and Keith walked in. Keith's smile went beyond wide seeing Travis. Travis only took one hand off of me to shake up with Keith.

"Nice to finally meet you Travis" Dr. Lizza shook his hand "So Mommy Micah, our baby girls are safely stalled but we might just go ahead and induce at 37 weeks. I'm going to put you on bed rest until then"

"What does that look like?" Travis asked

"Well, she will be in her bed or on the couch pretty much all day. She may use the bathroom, shower, and move from one room to another but she cannot do anything more than that"

"It would be ideal if you stayed with someone else" Keith said "I would love for you to come with us but you know our bedrooms our upstairs"

I sighed "Ralph and Reagan apartment on the 3rd floor with a broken elevator"

"You can stay at my house" Travis spoke "Or I could come to yours"

"Travis I don't---"

"Micah this might be the best bet" Dr. Lizza interjected "If you go into labor the best thing would be if he's there like we talked about. I can start coming to you every week. And we go practice what to do in an emergency"