Chapter 10: When Worlds Collide

MICAH

Travis and I agreed to go get some food and kick it. As mad as I was, I did miss him. Tiana still wasn't talking to me so I had to get at least one of my friends back. After we at we headed back to his condo. We always kicked it at my house so it was weird going to his condo for the first time. It was inside this super luxurious downtown building. And when we got inside it was huge.

I walked around his house trying not to seem so amazed the beautiful decor of the house. Travis laughed as he watched me from his kitchen island. I came back to the kitchen and hopped on a stool glaring at him.

"That's it! No more sleep overs at my house"

"I like your place"

"And I love yours! I'm about to put my name over your guest room"

"Compromise! We'll just rotate the sleep overs" he laughed "Next time you can definitely stay over here.... if you promise not to take over my guest bathroom"

"I can't make that promise" I stared toward the all white marble bathroom "It's calling my name begging for me to fill it up with my stuff"

"I hate you!"

"Clearly that's a lie"

He pushed me "You're so grrr difficult!"

"Just make me promise something else!"

He smirked looked at me with a side eye. I shook my head knowing he was going to find something I would never do to get me. He strolled to his room so I followed behind him. He was in his closet looking at different suits.

"Which one do you like?"

"From them" I thought for a second "That burgundy would be bomb! But where you going?"

"WE'RE going to charity gala tonight! My mom is throwing it and I wasn't going to go but since someone is promising to do anything else for me!"

"Whoa whoa whoa! Uh-uh! Not happening"

"Come on Micah! You said anything else!"

"You know I don't do well with---"

"With what?"

"Boujee people" I sighed "Fine but if I'm going I'm going to need a lot of tequila"

"Shut up and help me pick some stuff out"

Travis and I laughed as we went into his closet and put together his outfit down to the cuff links. Once his outfit was ready he told me to follow him. We headed out the house and went to some boutique. I found the perfect white meshish white dressed that showed off my legs without looking to sexy. I bought it after arguing with Travis over who would pay.

When we headed back to the house, Travis started rushing me to get ready. He gave me toiletries and we parted ways with me going to the guest room. I hoped in the shower and got out. I took the lotion out of the cabinet and lathered up. I put on my panties and shoes before looking at myself in the mirror. I was still looking at my body when Travis walked in looking at his watch.

"Micah how lon---" he eyes raised from his watch and his mouth dropped

"Get out boy!" I laughed "I'm about to put on my dress!"

"Damn..." he says under his breath as he walks out

I throw on my dress and grab my purse and phone. I walked out and Travis is coming out of his room again. He smirks at me before hugging me. We laughed and headed down to his car. The whole drive Travis tried to prep me for his family. He said he tried to convince Reagan to come and bring my brother but wasn't sure if they were coming. I laughed at how pressed Travis was about bringing me to his family event, like I wasn't at Olivia's wedding.