Chapter 21: Messy Molly

TRAVIS

It's been almost a since Micah left and I was planning to kick it with the fellas. I hadn't really talk to anyone since the dinner but Tim asked me to kick it so I was planning to make it happen. When I pulled up I instantly laughed seeing Marcus walking away from a little chick hopping back in the car. I got out and we shook up before heading inside of the bar.

"My boy got out with the fellas. I guess that means Micah is still gone"

"Yeah, she said the first video went great. When they got there she basically had an idea and they let her fly out a couple of her friends. It's crazy though. Now they doing another one in Miami I think"

"Damn that lit"

"Yeah but I can't wait for her to come back"

"I already know yo in love ass missing my bestie---"

"Aye just because that's my lady doesn't mean you can be here best friend now"

"Not best friend! Bestie there is a difference" he imitated Carmen and Micah "She my sis now though for real"

"Stupid"

I shook my head as we walked up to Tim who was drinking a bear and watching a game. He got up and dapped us up into hugs before we all sat down.

"Where yo man at?" Marcus immediately asked about David

"Don't know" Tim shook his head "He been real MIA lately"

They both looked at me but I just scoffed.

"That's yall friend at this point"

"Damn Trav" Tim shook his head again "Yall gotta chill with all that"

"I'm good. My girl good. I'm not worried about them"

"How is B?"

"She was pissed I'm not going to lie... but we talked it out and we're great. She you know signed a contract to be a temporary choreographer for this director that does music videos. She did one last week and now she in Miami for another one. She said it looks like they gone move into a permanent contract"

"Damn B bossing up on em" Tim smiled "Tell her to make sure she shoots it my way before she signs any new contracts"

"You know Micah don't forget about details when it comes to business"

"You right"

"So about this banquet?" Marcus sipped his beer "You really bringing Micah around everybody again"

"She encouraged it. I think it'll be different with my parents there but I'm not worried about it"

"Really?" Tim seemed surprised

"Yeah... this last time my mom seems a lot better with Micah. I don't know maybe she's coming around"

Marcus scoffed "And hell is freezing over slowly"

We laughed and joked while drinking our beers before we headed our separate ways. I was headed to meet my mom to finalize things for this event. I had sent her my guest list of colleagues and potential clients.  We decided to have it Friday which I wasn't thrilled about since Micah wouldn't be back until Sunday.

When I got to my parent's house, I notice a couple cars in the drive way. I headed inside and was unpleasantly surprised to see my sister, Gabrielle, Khari, and their mothers along with mine. I shook my head before walking inside the room.

"Hello ladies" I greeted before kissing my mother and sister "How are yall"

"Good" my mother spoke "You're just in time. We were looking over some of the decorations and food. You know the small details"