Chapter 31: Shoot The Messenger

********Four Months Later*******

REAGAN

I walked into the photo shoot for Micah with a smile on. I couldn't wait to tell her I finally talk to my dad. The first month of me being anger and depressed I avoided everyone but Ralph and Micah. The second months I allowed Travis back in, but his visits were few and far between. I finally started talking to my dad this month.

Micah pushed everything for me. Seeing her glow during the photo shoot, I knew I had to do the same for her. She still didn't tell Travis about the baby. She came so close but refused once she found out he was back with Khari was pregnant... oh and they got engaged last month.... He's stupid I know.

I snapped a picture of her after she changed and we waited on Carmen who went to the bathroom.

We were heading out and the photographer told her she had everything she needed

We were heading out and the photographer told her she had everything she needed. She was glowing and I was so happy for her. Micah still doesn't believe she'll carry Baby Girl Barron full term so we tried to take as much stress off of her as possible. Keith and his cousin have said she's basically pass the point of no return but they were still cautious.

Once Carmen came out we headed to the venue for the lunch Micah put together for us. She wanted to thank all of us for our support and help and was excite to show everyone her pictures. She had invited the crew along with Dave and Chris who deemed themselves godfather's of the baby.

"Micah what's with all this anyway" I said as I parked

"I just really appreciate you guys. When I went to the doctor last Friday I just felt better about this pregnancy and yall have been trying to get me there so I just want to show yall I appreciate it"

"Awwwl B" Carmen hugged her after she helped her out the car "You know we'd do anything for our goddaughter/niece"

Micah laughed as we headed inside. Everyone was already there and there were waiters putting out food. We were sitting a a hug family table and everyone was excited to see Micah. I kissed Ralph and hugged his mom before sitting down. Everyone else hugged Micah before taking their seats.

"Thank yall for coming" she beamed "This hasn't been the happiest few months for me. I love this experience and it means so much to go through it again... but yall know I have the fear of losing this baby every day. I'm happy to report that Dr. Grayson told me I have officially reach the mark where even if I go into labor the baby should be fine"

Everyone cheered.

"Yall don't know how happy I am to have you all" she cried "This baby is so blessed and she doesn't even know it yet"

"That's a beautiful surprise Micah" their mom spoke

"Oh that's not the surprise" she giggle "It's just the good news!"

"What's the surprise" Ralph raised his eyebrow "Am I gone fuck a nigga up today?"

"No Ralphie calm down!"