Chapter 4: Back To The Prototype

Everything was different. I was supposed to give my last show weeks ago... but ever since the shit with David, I don't even leave my house. I have no idea why but that whole situation was all I could take. It was the last blow. I couldn't do it anymore. I needed a break from it all. My locks had been changed so Ralph, Tiara, Carmen, and Layla would rotate who would come banging on my door every day. I knew I should talk to them but I couldn't. Everyone would say things I already knew and didn't want to hear.

I laid in my bed and kept thinking until finally, I got up and packed some things. I opened my laptop and bought a plane ticket home. I haven't been back in Hawaii in a long time, but it was the only place I wanted to be. Once my ticket was bought, my clothes were packed, and I had everything I needed. I called an uber and headed to the airport. I was going to find happiness that was for sure.

~Raphael P.O.V~

I sat on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands. Between moms and Micah I was sure I'd have an aneurysm before I turned thirty.

"Baby?" Reagan rubbed my back "You've been weird for days. Talk to me"

"I'm good" I sat up "Just worried about my family"

"Still haven't talk to B?"

"Micah get weird sometimes.... but she's never done shit like this. Then Ma tripping because no one has talk to Micah and she always assumes the worst when it comes to her.... I'm sure tired of being worried"

"Maybe she just needs a lot more time than yall are ready to give her. But she is a grown woman whose been dealing with a lot her whole life. I mean I don't know B like that but the way yall talk about stuff.... just seems like this shouldn't be so abnormal for yall"

"It's different though. My sis has shut out the world before of course.... but she's never shut out me and ma"

"She's not shutting you out. She's dealing  with her life on her own"

"But she shouldn't have to"

"Everyone has to at some point. You can't tell me you've never kept at least one problem to yourself"

"I haven't" i shook my head "I've always had my sister"

Reagan didn't respond. After a while she got up and walked around to my side of the bed. She grabbed my phone and handed it to me.

"Call her"

"She won't----"

"Just try. If she doesn't answer leave a message. Let her know that you're worried. She'll respond when she's ready"

I sighed slightly in aggravation  before taking to the phone. Sure enough I called and she didn't answer, however, before I could leave a voicemail she was calling me back.

Phone:

"Sis what the hell is going on?"

"I'm sorry" she sounded different "I just..... I can't do it anymore. My life is in shambles and I can't figure out how I got here. It was suppose to be fun. I was supposed to be happy. But no! I get one more fuck you out of life---"

"Baby sister where are you?"

"Home"

"I'm coming---"

"Not that home brother"

I stood up "What are you doing there?"

"I just need a break from it all. I'm coming back when I'm ready..... but right now. I just want to be alone.... alone at home"

"Micah you need to come back. You shouldn't be there alone. You---"

"I'm fine. Just trust me brother. I love you and I'm sorry. But I gotta get myself back"