Chapter 30: Family Feud

TRAVIS

I dropped Khari off before heading to Ralph and Reagan's place. I had to check on my sister because I knew she would do the same for me no matter what. I parked and headed inside ready to deal with Ralph and his bullshit.

I knocked on the door and it wasn't long before he answered it. He looked confused and shocked to see me there but he let me in.

"What's up" he asked

"Just came to check on my sister"

"Umm" he looked back "She's not really feeling it right now. Plus Micah's here"

"I promise I just want to check on my baby sister man"

He nodded and we both walked to the back room Micah usually slept in when she stayed with them. When we walked in Micah looked at us before going back to consoling a crying Reagan. She whispered to Reagan and she looked at me.

"What---"

"You know I had to make sure you were okay"

"I'm fine" she wiped her face

"Come on Rae" I sighed "Talk to me"

"Reagan go" Micah spoke "It's help"

Reagan nodded before hugging her and heading toward me. We headed to the living room with Micah and Ralph behind us. They headed outside as we sat in the living room.

"Talk to me sis"

"There's nothing to talk about Travis" she sighed "I just don't need to be over there with yall family"

"It's your family too"

"That has never been my family" she looked at me with anger "I have never been welcome into that family. My only family is gone! My mom is gone Travis! I am alone in this world with nobody! You got a father! You got a mother! I don't got shit!"

"Sis that's not true!"

"Yes it is! My dad left me behind for his precious family! I was the mistake her never wanted! I got sent fucking money through the mail just so he didn't have to see me! He moved us away so he wouldn't feel bad about not driving to see me!"

"Rae---"

"I'm not done! The closest thing I got to having a family back is Ralph and Micah! They the only ones who understand! I'm not saying you don't love me Travis.... hell I'm not even saying your dad doesn't... but love aint being here!"

"We just need to talk as a family! We can't fix things we don't know!"

"What is there to fix? You think I haven't talk to your dad?"

"You hate him Rae"

"I hate him now! But I have always loved that man! I didn't hate him until I was sixteen!"

"Why then?"

"Ask you mother!" she shook her head getting up "Travis yall live in this bubble where you know nothing about the truth! When my mom died... I begged my father to come live with him! I sat in that same fucking dinning room balling my eyes out with a fucking social service worker!"

"What?" I was shocked

"And you know what your mother had the audacity to say?"

"Rae---"

"They didn't have the space or finances to accommodate a third child. Then she went on to say that just because her husband made a mistake doesn't mean it comes into her house when half of it is gone.... And what does YOUR father do?"