Chapter 16: Back In The Day

As I drove to the shop, I felt myself getting nervous. I almost never do business by myself so my stomach got butterflies. i mean boss bitch or not, I still get nervous before I have to do something new.

I opened up the shop and got everything set up for the day. Ralph and Layla were the only artist doing tattoos today. As soon as they came in, they had clients so I started setting up the back for my meeting. I called Carmen and she came to cover the desk for me.

Everything was ready when Carmen came back to tell me my meeting was here. I followed her up front and was greeting by a Lenny Kravis swagged out guy. I smirked before shaking his hand.

"You must be Payton"

"And you are the beautiful Micah"

"Would you like some water?"

"Sure"

I looked at Carmen who went to get it.

"We can head to the back---"

"Actually if you don't mind I had a.... well you could call him a business partner planning to attend and meet me here"

"I'm fine with that"

We stood there and talked for a few minutes. Ralph and Layla came in and immediately went to work. After a while we headed to the back and Carmen was going to bring his partner back.

"So Payton what exactly can I do for you" I sat back and crossed my legs "I know it's about a video but lets talk details"

"Alright" he smirked "I've started directing a lot of music videos. Not to brag but it's getting to the point where a lot of celebrities are booking to work with me. That being said I want to add a choreographer to my team. I've seen the videos of you dancing and teaching classes thanks to Shawn. I think we could do some great business together"

"Wow" I smiled "I thought this was just for one video"

"I mean it is. I want you to do this video with a new artist I'm working with. Well he's not new but I wouldn't say he's super mainstream. He like his privacy too much"

"I can understand that"

"This can be our test video. After this I know for a fact I need you to do choreography for Chris Brown's pills and automobiles, but other than that I don't have anything. Now I will say some videos I'm going to just need a leading lady kind of thing. A sexy video girl and you fit the mold. Plus I don't have to worry about any scandalous shit happening with hoes fucking with artist"

"I get it" I laughed "So let's talk about contracts. I'm cool with signing a tentative contract and after this first video us doing a more permanent thing"

"I like you already! A woman who can talk business!"

"Stop" I laughed "But I do know a couple of lawyers that I'm sure can draw it up for us. What would the pay be looking like per video or would this be an hourly thing?"

"Well I wanted to go with per video and I want to depend it on what you have to do. I know at minimum I'm willing to give you $900 of the budget plus like 200 per day that we working because you might have to change some thing. That's if it's a small scale but for like Pills and Automobiles we talking at least $1200 plus the 200. Then for videos with you just being the leading lady I would a slid $500 per day that we out there working"

Inside I was screaming as I took notes but I kept it cool calm and collected.

"I think this will be a great partnership" I nodded my head

"As do I Ms. Micah"

"Call me----"

"B?"

I looked at the door and Carmen was standing there with David Easton Brewster Jr., my best friend that I hadn't seen since I was 15 and away from Mom and Ralph. I cocked my head to the side thinking I was hallucinating. Once I saw his smile, I knew it was real.

Girls Need LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara