Chapter 23: Signs...

TRAVIS

I walked out of the back and began saying goodbye to the guest. Keith text me that he dropped Micah off at her place and that Carmen said to give her some space. I promised I wouldn't pop up at her place but I was texting her non-stop. When it was just my family left at the venue I sat down to collect my thoughts.

"Son what's wrong?" my dad asked

"Somehow whenever Khari's around I end up in trouble with Micah. I mean I can't stand Khari but it's like Micah expects me to drag her"

"She probably does" Olivia said with an attitude

"Chill Live" Tim spoke up

"What? I'm just saying. I'm sure that's what she's use to"

"Since when do you feel that way?" I asked

"Brother I just want what's best for you" she sighed "Mommy's right. Micah definitely aint it"

I shook my head looking at my mother "I guess you had something to do with this"

"She just realize what I've known all along. That girl will never be good enough for you"

"You know what?" I stood up "That's not for any of you to decide. Micah is... she's everything I could ask for... she's my best friend. Why can't you just let me be happy? Why can't any of you just let me be happy with the first person to love me for me?"

"She doesn't love you! She loves what you can do for her!" Olivia yelled "She did the same thing to David! We all know the truth!"

I shook my head completely shocked by my little sister. Olivia has always been the follower type but she's also always had my back. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"How about this? Since you can't accept Micah... Leave me and my life alone. I'm done fighting with everyone so I can be happy. We not leaving each other and I'm not letting her deal with the constant disrespect from any of you... I'm done trying"

They tried to talk but I just walked to the door.

"See you later Dad. Tim."

I left and headed home calling Micah. Her phone went straight to voicemail after five calls so I knew she turned it off. I felt so defeated when I got home. I headed inside my condo but stopped.

There were rose petals everywhere. There was wine and chocolate on the island along with a card. There was a poem on it about love and happiness. I went into my room and there were more rose petals on my bed and in my bathroom.

I stripped out of my clothes and hung my head in the shower at what she had tried to do for me on my night. I really didn't do anything but I felt like an asshole. When I got out the shower I took picture of everything and sent her one last text. I also text Reagan to come by as soon as she woke up. Once all my messages were done, I went to sleep with my mind and heart with Micah.

*****************

I woke up the next morning to banging on the door. I threw on some sweats before going to get it. I knew it was Reagan, but her barging in once the locks clicked confirmed it. She looked around in complete shock.

"Damn bro! What's going on here?"

"You didn't know?"

"Know what?"

"Micah surprised me at the event last night. She apparently set this up too"

"Awwwl you getting romantic Micah to come out. She must really like you..."

"She told me she loves me"

"WHAT?" she screamed excited

"Yeah" I smirked "We said it last night"