"Luna, I need you, to be honest with me when I asked you this."

She said with a serious tone as she shifted her body towards me...

"What is it"

"Luna, did you love him?"

My mother asked as she continued to grip my hand, only this time she gripped it a bit more tightly. I was honestly shocked by her words, I wasn't expecting her to say that...

"Yeah. Of course, I did...we were all like family-"

"Luna, you know what I mean..."

My mother stopped me from speaking any further, I knew I made it obvious how much I loved him. Whenever I saw Eli, I instantly smiled. Even when his name would get brought up, I would get so excited and cheerful. So, of course, my mother would catch on to me...I really can't hide anything from her.

Feeling the light tears coming down my face, I remembered what it felt like to be happy when Elijah was still here. And ever since he left, I've yet to smile on my own. With my mother wiping my tears away, I brought myself closer to her. She then leaned forward and brought her arms around me as she pulled me in for a hug. I could feel the comfort and the love that my mom was giving me and I knew that I had to be there for her. Just as she has been there for me, so I wrapped my arms around my mother and we stayed in an embrace for a while until we both felt better...

As she patted my back, she stood herself up and I watched her go to her room. I hope my mom could cheer my Dad up very soon. I want him to smile again, but who am I to say anything? I haven't smiled in front of my Father in weeks. Not too long after my mother left for the room, I get a sudden text from somebody. Pulling out my phone, I saw that it was from Alexa! I've been so on edge that I completely forgot to let her know what's been going on. But just as I was about to call her, my phone began to ring! It caught me by surprise that I paused for a second as I looked at the caller's I.D...

"Ren," I answered his call.

"Hey, do you think you could come out now? Or did you need more time?"

He asked, his voice sounding a bit uneasy as he waited for me to say something. I'm surprised he waited so long for me to come back...

Yeah...I'll come out in a bit, just give me a second."

I know he said he'll wait outside my house, but I'm hesitant to see him right now. After what happened today, I kinda wanna be left alone. Hearing his response on the other line, I ended the call as I walked toward the blinds in the living room. Peeking through the window, I saw that Ren was waiting outside. He's very persistent, and maybe that's a good thing...maybe I do need to talk to someone. And that someone could probably be Ren...

Opening the door, Ren was already sitting down on the front porch. Letting out a sigh, I watched him looking up at the cloudy sky that was right above us. Taking a few steps forward, I sat right next to him. The sight was so gray and dull, matching what I felt on the inside. Seeing the clouds be so dark, it's like they almost wanted to cry...will it rain-

"I think it might rain today..."

Ren spoke out what I was thinking as I looked over at him...

"Yeah...I think it might."

I answered shortly...

"So how did it go with your Dad? Is he okay?"

He asked, only this time, his eyes were now focused on me. I felt myself wanting to break down, so I averted my gaze and looked at my hands which were starting to tremble...

"Luna, please. Don't hold it in, tell me what's going on..."

He worriedly asked as he grabbed hold of my hand, just how many times has this hand of his helped me already? He's always been there for me, even when I didn't want it. I tried to push him away...yet he always ends up helping me somehow? The feeling of my warm tears coming down could no longer be held back. I'm beginning to drown in my sorrows as I buried myself in Ren's chest, the pain in my heart...I want it to stop!