Friendship & Tears

I'm so very sorry about the late update. I've just been really busy but hopefully you won't have to wait that long again.

So here it is! (finally)

Finn’s Pov

Walking out of the JFK airport I take a deep breath, this is it. I’m going to make Rachel mine forever, we’ll sort out all of our issues and we will live happily ever after. My phone starts ringing for the 100th time today, I didn’t answer it before because the airport was so busy I could barely hear myself think. Looking down at my phone i see that it’s an unknown number, pressing the answer button and bringing my phone to my ear.

“Hello?” I answer, there is a sound of faint breathing on the other line

“Hello, anyone there?” I ask again

I was about to hang up when I her a familiar voice scream my name in the phone

“Spencer? Is that you” I question surprised

“Yes Finn it’s me” she says and now I’m even more surprised, this is probably the first time she has called me by my name.

“How did you get my number?” how did she?

“I’m using Rachel’s phone, but that doesn’t matter right now! I shouldn’t be doing this but I need your help!” at the start of her sentence I couldn’t help a smile appear on my face at the mention of Rachel’s name but once she finished talking my smile faded

“What’s wrong? Is Rachel ok?” I can hear her panic through the phone

“I’ll send you the address of the hospital, just please meet me there” she was about to hang up before I stopped her

“Hospital? How did you know I was in New York?” I wonder

“Kurt told me that you were thinking of finding Rach, so I thought you should now. Kurt's stuck at work, bye Finn” the last thing I can hear on the other line is ambulance sirens.

I need to go to the hospital and I need to go now! I wait for spencer to text me the address and once she does I run to find a taxi.  You think because there’s so many taxis in New York that it would be easy to find one, well you thought wrong. It was impossible to find a one.

Once I finally got one I give the driver the directions and we were off. The driver must have seen the panicked look on my face because he told me so many times to relax, we’ll be there soon. Trying to steady my breathing, I turn my gaze to outside the window. I find myself thinking about the New York Giants, I miss my team, I’ve grown to like everyone. Yes, they once in a while joke about Quinn and sometimes about Rachel but once coach hears them talking about his daughters best friend he makes us do laps. I haven’t gone to training for a while and that is because Coach Anderson somehow knows everything that has gone down with Rachel and me, and decided to give me some time off. I was brought out of my haze by the sound of a car horn blasting out my ear drums. I look back at the car behind us and I witness a really cranky man who was about to cause road rage.

“Hey sir we're here! you need to get out before this guy cuts my balls off!” I couldn’t help but chuckle at his comment, quickly giving him some money I bolted into the hospital unable to control myself.

“Hey handsome, what can I do for you?” a blonde haired receptionist bats her eyelashes

“Which room is Rachel Berry in?” ignoring her obvious flirting.    

 “Are you a friend of hers?”   Well…..

“You can say that” I shrug my shoulders

“Room 745… I can tell by just looking at you you’re not just her friend.”  I give her a thankful smile and then I was off. I run to the elevator reaching it just before the doors close. The elevator ride was probably the longest ride in the world. Hearing reach the level was like hearing angels singing.