It Will Never Be The Same

So sorry for the delay, but here it is............enjoy!!

Rachel’s POV

As I belt out the last note I try to avoid eye contact with someone particular in the crowd, to me seeing him here is a dream, but I haven’t answered his calls or replied to his texts so he had no other choice but to come and talk to me face to face.

Once my song ended the room was filled with the sound of applause but I remained still, not wanting to leave the stage. I felt safe here, like he couldn’t come up to me and start talking. I look around the club and unfortunately my eyes landed on Finn, he gives me on of his famous sexy lopsided grins and I feel my grip around the microphone tighten. We stare at each other for what seems like forever, neither one of us daring to look away. A Couple seconds later I got distracted when a drunk man pushes me of the stage which causes me to fall on the ground. Here I go, falling to the ground embarrassing myself in front of my ex-boyfriend, but I was wrong. Just when I was about to crash onto the floor, I feel strong muscular arms catch me. I open my eyes that were previously closed to prepare for the pain of falling. When I do open my eyes, I see my reflection in my knight in shining armours eyes.

“Gotcha.” Finn says whispering in a husky voice.

I jump out of his arms and walk away immediately, I can hear him following me and judging by all the ‘excuse me’s and ‘sorry’s, he was pissing off a lot of people. I turn around to see where he was and I see he’s trying to doge all the drunk people that were hooking up with random girls. I giggle a little at the sight because he looks like a little lost boy and it was kind of cute. Once he gets closer I decide to continue walking towards the exit. Once I was out of the club I see that there was a fight going on between two guys, I walked around it, trying to avoid it. They were throwing beer and other beverages that they must of gotten from inside. I walk to the sidewalk to hail a taxi, still trying to ignore the fight, but it was too late.  I felt one of the many ‘pick me ups’ splash all over my black dress. The fight soon stoped after that and they all go back inside while I’m trying to dry myself off with tissues that I keep in my bag.

“It’s a shame…… that was always my favourite dress.” I don’t even have to turn around to know who it is.

“Well now it’s ruined……..and Spencer is somewhere inside and I need to get home and change.”

After I finish that sentence I realise how stupid it was, I could have hailed a taxi like I was going to do before. Finn starts to take his jacket off and puts it on my shoulders ignoring my protest. I start to walk away but his arm wraps around my waist.

“Finn I need to find Spencer……let me go.” I say pulling at his grip.

“Why?” he simply asks.

“Because I want to go home.” I’m still trying to get out of his strong grasp.

“It’s only 8:30 pm” I look down at my watch and I see that it in indeed 8:30, now I don’t have any excuse.

“How about we go get some ice cream? I remember you telling me that the ice cream in New York is the best.” He winks at me and I can’t help but feel butterflies in my stomach.

“Let me just text her.” I pull out my phone and text Spencer and put my phone away not even bothering to check her reply. Because I know it’s just insults towards Finn.

“You ready to go?” his voice was quiet, was he nervous?

“Yeah, I’ll catch a taxi home.” He nodded and then we make our way down the footpath. I feel a light breeze hit my tanned legs. I look over in Finn’s direction and I see he’s wearing a T shirt only.