Rachel's Life

Rachel’s POV

“And a 5, 6, 7, 8……… Lily keep up!” I hear my director Roxy yell at one of the members of the cast, I hear Roxy yell at her and telling her she’s off the musical, soon after, Lily is crying her eyes out. No one showed emotion because they knew they would get the wrath of Roxy.

I mean what was I saying it’s the price you get for being on Broadway, I mean I have to admit it was a little harder than I thought but I, Rachel Berry can do anything.

I soon get ripped out of my thoughts by my friend Spencer. “Rach pay attention, the wicked witch of the west nearly saw you.”

“Sorry I’m just really tired.” But I know it’s not the truth I mean, I took a day off because I needed time to relax, plus I slept the whole day so I definitely wasn’t tired.

“You ready for tomorrow night?” Spencer nudged me, and I turned to her.

“Spence of course, I am I’m Rach-“I then get interrupted by Roxy.

“Berry you have something to say?” she snapped.

“No I was just helping Spencer through the steps” I replied.

“I didn’t see your feet moving!” Roxy always liked to win, but right now I wanted to be the winner.

“That’s because I was talking her through it.” I replied with my sass that I had stored away for a rainy day, and now was the perfect time to use it.

Little giggles and smirks sounded me and I knew I had owned Roxy, and I had owned her good.

“That’s it for today” Roxy said while glaring at me.

I left the theatre feeling proud, and I felt like invincible. People need to know where I stand, and I belong on top. I took out my iPhone that had a cover of gold stars, but as I pulled my phone out my wallet came with it and fell on the ground. I try and pick everything up quickly and walk off as fast as I can, but as I started to walk off I felt something holding me back look over to see Spencer, and I take a sigh of relief.

“Spencer? Can I help you with anything?” I was confused as to why she had stopped me.

“What I just saw was hilarious, I nearly peed my pants! You dropped this, have no idea why you have it in your wallet and you’re not wearing it but like I said many times, your unique and so many ways and this is just one of them.” Spencer said trying not to laugh

I look down at Spencers hand and suck in a deep breath. In her hand was a gold star that the one and only Finn Hudson gave to me, the Finn that had the cute little dimples and the deep brown eyes and the excellent kisser, wait hold up what was I saying? Finn and I are over and I knew that. I look up to see Spencer with a confused look on her face. I take the necklace from her and put it in my pocket.

“Thank you.” I reply hoping she doesn’t start asking questions, i quickly say goodbye and walk away as fast as i can without looking suspicious, and then Spencer opened her mouth and the questions came flooding out.

“Who gave that to you?” She asked.

“An old friend” I snapped back, our eyes were locked and I trying to walk away.

“Is it your boyfriend?” Spencer smirked.

“If only” I whisper so only I can hear it.

“Rach?” Spencer waved her hand in front of my face and that’s when I knew that now was the best time to leave.

“I have to go Spence but I’ll see you tomorrow and cut down on the Pretty Little Liars act and stop texting me texts that claim their from ‘-A’, it’s not funny it’s really creepy.” I get in my car and I see that Spencer looks like a lost puppy so I open my passenger seat door and I find myself saying “Hop in, I’ll give you a ride.”

The drive was full of us blasting songs from Celine Dion to Katy Perry. I finally reach Spencer’s apartment building and she starts to get out, but before she does she pops out the question I was hoping she wouldn’t say………….

“Hey Rachel, who’s Finn? the name was ingraved on the back of the necklace ”

I feel my hands begin to shake and I look out the window trying to avoid the subject but I know she wouldn’t drop it, and she definitely wasn’t going to leave.

“He’s an old friend.” I say

“The same old friend that gave you that necklace?” she was really pushing it.

“No I went to high school with him, he was in the Glee Club and that’s it.”

“Oh, ok then I’ll see you tomorrow.” She opened the car door and got out, and started walking away, and occasionally her head looked back at me, I could see her, but I didn’t dare look. I’ve had enough conformation for one day.

I drive and make my way home to my New York Apartment, but first I needed to go to the supermarket to get some food and some other things. I find a car space at the supermarket car park and get out of the car I first go to the lollies aisle, I mean I’ve been working all day I need a treat right?

I then get the healthy food and then I stopped once I heard a familiar voice. I put the packet of frozen vegetables in my trolley and move closer to the voice.

“Hey baby, I haven’t seen you since this morning. I miss you. Call me back.”

I begin to move closer and without noticing I bang into what was the familiar voice.

“Rachel!!!!!” I froze, my heart stopped.

“Quinn, what are you doing here? ‘I asked with a shaky voice. I can’t believe it’s actually her.

“My husband and I are here to celebrate our 2 year anniversary.” she said proudly.

“Oh how nice, I’m sorry I’m kind of in a rush. I have to go.” I frantically leave and make my way to the check out, and try to avoid the eye contact of the people that are thinking I’m crazy. I finally made it to my house and franticly open the door. I slide down the door and sigh, replaying today’s events in my head. I feel a tear roll down my cheek. I get to grab a drink of water and I soon feel something moving in my pocket, and I slide my hand into my pocket and feel the chain from the necklace wrap around my fingers, I pull it out and bring it up to my chest to hug it and cry.

Tomorrow night is my performance of Funny Girl, me as fanny Brice. The truth is that gold star necklace was my good luck charm it makes me feel like Finn is always with me. He inspired me to follow my dreams and I’m doing just that today because of him. I finally realize that all this is isn’t what I’m meant to be doing, I’m done with Finn and I’m single and proud, Broadway was always my love and my priority. The real question replaying in my mind is why I still use the necklace as a good luck charm. I can’t help myself, it’s like I need it. I put the necklace on the kitchen table ready for tomorrow’s show. As I go take a shower I get a text from my best friend Kurt. I press the ‘view’ button and see the text and couldn’t help the smile from spreading on my face.

‘Hey, just flied in from LA, we can’t wait to see you as Fanny Brice!’

I feel my smile fade. Who’s ‘we’?