Midnight Train

Here it is hope you like it?

Breathe. I kept on reminding myself to do exactly that. This could be my opportunity to find finn. As soon as I heard those words from Sam I rushed out of the theatre. Spencer offered to come with me but I knew that I had to do this alone. Making my way to the police station I feel a shiver down my spine, and it’s not in a good way. I’ve always hated police stations or even hospitals, but hospitals were like a home to me, but that’s another story.

Looking around the stingy station I carefully walk past a guy with handcuffs around his wrists, all I can hear is people yelling and I just know that I have to get out if this place as soon as possible. I reach the front desk and I see a police officer with a tight fitting uniform, he’s staring at the computer and something’s telling me he’s not doing his job. When he sees me approach the desk he quickly stands up pushing the chair backwards which forces it to fall to the ground. He puffs out his chest and smirks at me. I slightly smile trying not to show how freaked out I am, but that was impossible once he winked at me and asked me my name.

“Ummm my name is ……….” I trail off trying to think of a name, I look around and I take a quick glance at the violet coloured walls

“Violet” I simply say quietly

“What can I do for a fine lady like you?” he asks leaning over the desk.

“You can stop hitting on me” I snap

“Why is there a boyfriend I should be afraid of?” that really made me think, and it reminded me that I still don’t know what Finn is to me, we never agreed on anything. If I said no to this seedy officer than he wouldn’t give up so I had no choice.

“As a matter of fact yes there is a boyfriend” his eyes slightly widen and now it’s my turn to smirk at him.

“Now, be some use and tell me where I can find Sam Evans” I fold my arms across my chest afraid that he’s checking out my bust.

“Why do you need to see him?    I give him a pissed off look

“That’s none of your business; I didn’t ask why you got your uniform 2 sizes too small did I?” I‘m really pissed now

“Um no” now he’s scared

“Where is he?”  Arching my eyebrow to show my serious expression

“In the back” he looks back down at his computer. I make my way to the back door that I’m sure it led me to a private area. I was about to twist the door handle but I was suddenly stopped by none other than the police officer from the front desk

“Sorry darling I can’t let you go in there. That’s officers only”

“Can I just say you’re really pissing me off mister? Now, if I want to go in there I’m going to go in there.” I yell in his face

“Wow Rach you really haven’t changed have you?” I look behind the annoying policeman and then I see the face that only belongs to Sam. he could be the one who can help me find Finn once and for all.

“SAM!!!” I jump up in his arms ignoring all the death stares from the obviously depressed prisoners and their families.

“Well hello there sunshine” he hugs me even tighter than before. Even though same and I were never really close in High School we were still friends. We would occasionally talk in glee club, and we did go to prom together but then I ended up going with Jesse……..well anyway. All in all we weren’t close but I know for a fact that when one of us needed a favour we would gladly help.

“Do you have any other information?” I ask once we pull away from the tight hug we just shared.

“Well, I did get something but then I was distracted by some silly and loud young lady yelling at one of the officers for checking her out?” he teases

“God, people have no respect these days” I sigh and follow him into a little room that I was only guessing was his office. His desk was covered in pages and pages, some even on the floor. Looking around I realised just how untidy he was, I wasn't suprised. He had a small leather couch in the corner and lots of photos hanging on the walls

I walk towards them I can’t help the tears that start to appear in my eyes. I trace my finger on one photo that was eye level to me, trying so hard to not burst out with tears. It was the glee club at Regionals. That competition was at the time when Finn and Quinn just started dating and that’s when my life started going downhill.

“Rachel you ok?” Sam suddenly brings me back to reality.

“I’m fine, just fine” I give him a smile to show him that i mean it.

“Ok well, like I said I got some information about Finn before but I haven’t looked at it yet so I don’t know if it’s really useful.” I watch him as he opens up the yellow envelope. I stare at him biting my lip nervously. He looks up at me and I give him a glance as to say for him to continue.

“Well, this can be useful, but if I tell you this you have to promise me you won’t freak out”

“What?” I stand there frozen in my spot

“Rachel, Finn’s in LA” I feel my eyes widen in shock and confusion.

“What do you mean, why’s he there?” I say using hand gestures

“I really don’t know” well this is just great!

“Well I’m going to find out” I grab my bag and open the door with such force that my hair flies everywhere

“RACHEL……RACHEL!!” I hear Sam yell behind me but I continue walking. I then remember that back in the day Sam was on the football team and he could run faster than I can walk. He catches up to me and stops me in my tacks

“You can’t go alone” he exclaims

“Yes I can and I will?’ I go to walk again but he steps in front of me

“I’ll go with you” he utters

“Really?” he answers my question by walking to the front desk to tell the man standing behind the desk that was no longer the creepy man that he needed to take some time off, once confirmed he looks back at me and smiles. He grabs his jacket and we were off.

Even though it was now probably midnight I could still catch a train to LA,  just like the journey song ‘He took the midnight train going anywhere’ and my anywhere was LA and that’s where my precious Finn is.

Ok there it is! 

Hope you enjoyed it, Please Please Comment & Vote!!!