The Good and Bad News

Finn’s POV

Tick tock, tick tock was the only sound that was playing through my head. With everything that’s going on in my life right now, I’m a complete mess. I’ve stuffed up everything with Rachel and I’m trying my best to contact her but I always get her answering machine. Just hearing her voice every time is heartbreaking, because I know that I might not ever hear that happy, cheery voice of hers again.

I look around my mum’s hospital room and I only now just realise how plain it is. It has pale colours painted across the walls. I look at the machines that are hooked up to her, I couldn’t help but shut my eyes and let the tears flow. Moments after, Kurt and Burt walk in and I quickly stand up to cover the fact that I’ve been sitting down and crying.

“The doctor says he has some news, he’s coming in here in a couple of minutes.” Burt muttered as he sat down on the chair opposite me.

“Bout time, Carole’s been here for ages.” Kurt throws his hands up in frustration.

As if on cue, the doctor swung the door open almost knocking Kurt over who was standing right in front of it.

“Oh sorry.” The doctor says to Kurt.

“Ok, well Carole suffered from a minor stroke, but she’ll be fine.” He says flipping through sheets of paper.

The room was filled with sighs of relief after the doctor told us that mum was going to be ok, that was until Kurt asked if he could speak to the doctor outside. Once the two of them were outside, Burt offered to go get  me a coffee from the machine downstairs, I gratefully declined and walked towards the door to listen in to Kurt’s conversation with Dr. Allen.

“I need to talk to you about some of your staff.” I look out the window that had the perfect view of the hallway and the two of them.

“What about them?” The doctor asked.

“They’re rude, disrespectful and I as a human would not like to come to a hospital that has receptionists with that kind of attitude.” Kurt folds his arms crossed his chest.

“Then why are you here?” He says stepping closer to Kurt.

“Oh look who’s a smart ass, I was wrong. It’s not just the receptionists that have bad attitude.” And with that the doctor steps away from Kurt.

“What was the receptionist’s name?”

“Well my friend said her name was Barbra, which just upsets me even more because that’s the name of the Queen.”

“No it’s not.” the doctor snaps sarcastically.

“Of music it is.” Kurt shouts.

“Well whoever the hell this music Queen of yours is, in this hospital that receptionist is my wife, and if you’ve got a problem with her, I’m not the person you want to be complaining to.”

“Well your wife, was rude to my friend saying she’s ugly and that her boyfriend isn’t attracted to her.”

“Barbara always tells the truth.” The doctor shrugs his shoulders.

“Oh yeah? Well so do I. I don’t like your wife or you so now, you’re not Carole’s doctor anymore.”

“You can’t have a say, you’re not blood related.” And now I was starting to get frustrated with this guy so that’s the moment I stepped up and acted like a man.

“No, but I am.” Kurt and Dr. Allen turn around to face me.

“Is that what you want? Another doctor?”