Smile

Here it is, again sorry for the wait. Hope you like it :) 

Rachel’s Pov

It’s been two weeks since I last heard or even saw Finn. Was he avoiding me? Why wouldn’t he? I just feel so bad, I was the one who had to take care of the baby, my responsibility was to make sure that baby was healthy and I ruined everything. How did I get here? before Finn came I was completely fine, I was living my dream, I forgot about the past and I was living in the future. But once I saw him that night all the memories came flooding back. He should’ve stayed with Quinn, that way he could have a proper family with no complications.

As drag my feet against the floor boards of my apartment to make my way to my bedroom I think of the ‘what if's’. What if I didn’t lose the baby? What if Finn never left? What if I was still with Finn and there was no Quinn?

I walk up to my closet and see a box on the top shelf that I haven’t dared to open in years, but i think it’s time, I stand on my tip toes and I’m able to just reach it and pull it down. I take it over to my bed and I open the lid. As soon as I saw the first object I was brought to tears. It was little baby booties, which had little gold stars on them, I hugged them to my chest and sob. Once I pulled myself together I pulled the next item out of the box. It was a scrapbook that I would write in all my feelings, ideas and dreams, I flip through some of the pages and smile at all the photos of my small but visible baby bump. I was about to flip the page once more, when I hear my phone ring, I reach over to my night stand careful not to drop the pretty pink scrap book that was on my lap.

“Hello” I answer

“RACH WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, THE WHOLE CAST INCLUDING ROXY ARE WAITING FOR YOU”  Spencer yells

“Spence I don’t think I’m coming today…..” I begin

“No, the cast has been waiting for you all week enough of this ‘my life is shit” crap.”

“……..I’ll be the in 20 minutes” I say

“You better” she hangs up and I sigh, that girl has a very unique way of persuading people to do things, but she means well.

 I get up and I get dressed. Looking out the window I can tell it’s a cold day today so I walk to my work desk and pick up the jacket that was hanging on the back on the chair. I slide my arms into the sleeves, grab my car keys and duffle bag and head outside to my car. I curse as I make myself onto the main road. Of course there has to be traffic on the one day I’m in a rush. I grab my phone out of my bag and see if I have any missed messages or calls, maybe from Finn. My hopes were dashed when I saw that it was only from my dad’s, I open the text and read it.

Hey sweetie

Guess what?  We’re in town!!!! Call us as soon as possible.

I can’t help the shrill of excitement that I suddenly feel; I really miss my dad’s. They were always there for me when the baby drama happened and they didn’t ‘disown’ me, which I’m incredibly grateful for. I look up and see that the traffic isn’t any better so I won’t be going anywhere soon so I decide to call them. Of course I’m not on the phone while I’m driving I have this Bluetooth thingy spencer got me, at first I thought it was weird because  people who drive by think that you’re talking to yourself, but when I saw some girl getting fined because she was talking on the phone while driving I was thankful for the gadget. I dial my daddy’s phone number and wait for them to reply   

“Hello?”

“Hi daddy, it’s me I just got you message, I’m so glad you’re here. Where are you staying?”