That's What Friends Are For

Rachel’s Pov

How did this happen? 48 hours ago I was having the best time with the love of my life and now here I am returning to New York heartbroken. I just couldn’t shake the picture of him cuddling with Quinn, in high school when Finn and I used date, Quinn would always be the one to mess everything up and when Finn and I were no longer together, Finn was always so naïve to the fact that Quinn was at fault. I shake my head trying to get rid of the memory but I can’t help it because it was a big curveball in my life. But what Finn doesn’t know won’t hurt him right?

I jump once I hear my phone ring, I don’t bother to look at the phone because I know it’s either Kurt or Finn calling, and right now I really don’t want to talk to either of them. I sit down at the edge of my bed and let my tears fall. My eyes sharply open when I hear my home phone start to ring. I stand up only to sit back down, since when did Finn get so desperate?

“Hey Rach it’s me Spencer, I haven’t heard from you in a while and I miss you, just ring me when you can.” I hear the answer machine go off and I quickly run towards the phone to answer it.

“Spencer it’s me.” I pant.

“Rachel? Are you ok? Have you been crying?” Crap. Damn Spencer and her ability to read me like a book.

“Yes, but I’m fine I-“I get cut off.

“Is it because of that big fat oaf called Finn, because if it is tell him I’m sharping my knife right this very moment and I’m getting my scissors, It’s time he has a little operation.” She interrupts me.

“Well yes it’s him, but you don’t have to do that.” I say trying to prevent Spencer coming over.

“No need to worry Rachel I want to……………..wait a second isn’t he in Lima?” she asks.

“How do you know that?” This girl really knows too much.

“Well you texted me saying you were on the train to Lima and I thought frankenteen would’ve been the cause…………..I’m right yet again.” I laugh at how similar Spencer is to Kurt, so full of themselves.

“I’m coming over.” she says and hangs up the phone.

I sigh and make my way to the bathroom to make myself more presentable.

35 minutes later         

“Ok Rach, we need to think of a plan.” Spencer says bursting into my apartment.

“No we don’t. I’m just going to let Quinn have Finn, he always ends up being with her and I don’t have the energy to fight anymore.” I mumble while tears rolls down my cheeks once again.

“You’re in a funk Rach and you need to get out of it.” She replies.

“How?” I utter.

“Play hard to get!!!” She smirks.

I smirk back at her because for once I agree with one of her plans. I’m Rachel Berry, I know how to play hard to get, and I have to admit I enjoyed doing it. When I was in high school I would always play hard to get around boys, but now that I think about it I shouldn’t have done that because not many guys were knocking on my door and the ones that did were pushed away. If I didn’t play hard to get, I would have had a boyfriend by now.

“I don’t know Spencer, I’ve done that before and it didn’t work.” I explain.

“Oh please Rachel, that was before you had boobs, there still not that big but just stuff some tissues in there and you’ll do great.”

“No it’s not my boobs, it’s just ……………… I’m not in the mood to go out.” I walk to the living room and I collapse on the couch.

“Fine maybe not tonight, but maybe another night…………Promise?” Spencer sits down next to me on the couch. She raises her hand and sticks out her pinkie finger. I laugh at how childish she can be.

“Pinkie promise.”  

I wrap my pinkie finger around hers and do a little shake

“So……………….how are you? I mean with the Finn thing.” she hesitantly asks.

“Not so good, this isn't the first time he’s done this to me. Last time was much worse but it still hurts.”

She leans over and pulls me into a hug, and that’s when I unleash my tears. I hold onto her tight. When I had troubles or worries Spencer would always be there for me. Since my time in New York I’ve been through a lot of friends, some were great towards the start but as time went on I realised that they weren’t who I thought they were. They tried to change me, tried to make me feel bad about myself, which for a while affected my confidence. But it took me a moment and a few blocks of chocolate later that I realised that if they wanted to change me and put me down, I didn’t need them. And that’s when I met Spencer, we instantly clicked, we had the same interests and we supported each other. Whenever I was having a bad day Spencer always cheered me up and I would try and do the same for her.

“I know what will help…………. A Pretty Little Liar’s marathon! It won’t make you feel so bad about your life because their life is worse, and consider yourself lucky A’s not following you.”

Normally I would protest but because she’s always here for me, I figured it wouldn’t hurt.

“Sure” I answer. She jumps for joy and pulls out DVDs from her bag.

“You just carry your Pretty Little Liars DVDs with you?” She shakes her head at me.

“Rachel they’re like my babies, I can’t leave the house without them. It’s like you and your Barbara Streisand CD’s” Now I’m shaking my head.

“Spencer you never know when a job offer can appear….. And plus you weren’t complaining that time when nothing was on the radio and I put on my Barbara CD.” She laughs and places a disc in the DVD player.

“Let’s do this Rachel!” She jumps back onto the couch with a wide grin plastered on her face.

You gotta love spencer!!!!!!!!

Hey sorry it's short but stay tuned because there's heaps to come :)  <3

Vote & Comment