The Choice I Regret

Finn's Pov

As I’m looking out to the New York skyline from my hotel room balcony, a single stream of sunlight catches my eye, and the rest of the sun radiates onto the tall, majestic buildings. I take a step back to observe the beauty of what is one of the biggest cities on earth. I’ve never felt so speechless. Yes, I have heard that if you wanted to become a star that this is the best place to come, or even if you just wanted a brand new start. It was an escape, a breath of fresh air. I breathe in and then breathe out once more, and I was instantly calm. I am here because I’m on my 2 year wedding anniversary with my wife Quinn.  She has always wanted to experience the New York atmosphere. I didn’t see what the big deal was, and then all of a sudden I find myself thinking back to a beautiful girl I once knew. With my head spinning and my mind going blank, I had a flashback of my Ex-girlfriend, Rachel.

(Flashback)

“Babe it’s just New York you don’t have to leave this year, it will always be there” Finn assured Rachel.

“FINN YOU KNOW HOW MUCH NEW YORK MEANS TO ME, IT’S MY LIFE AND I WAS BORN TO BE ON STAGE” Rachel yelled which made Finn scared but at the same time still confused.

“Why are you so obsessed with that place?” Finn fought the idea of saying this aloud, but keeping his words to himself, he stopped talking and just listened.

She breathed in and then let it go.

“Finn it’s not just about Broadway, it’s about the whole experience. The crazy traffic, Empire State Building, Central Park, the bright yellow cabs…….it the place I desire to be in.”

And then, at that moment Finn finally realized that it wasn’t just a place for Rachel, it was her destiny and he was going to be the one who got her there.

“Look Finn, you just don’t understand how it feels to be in New York. But hopefully soon you will and I’ll be there with you.”

(End of Flashback)

And now here I was in a luxurious New York hotel Room, my mind racing from what memory my brain had just retrieved. I was relaxing while Quinn took a shower, she normally takes about 40 minutes, so I knew I had some time to spare. I looked around the room and I saw that there was nothing for me to do. I reached into my pant pocket and took out my IPhone. I checked it and I see that I have 5 missed calls from my brother Kurt, I open them and I laugh at his constant nagging.

‘You have to go to Broadway’

‘And the Empire State Building’

‘Seriously I’m serious about the Broadway thing though.’

I deleted the last two messages because the topic of them wasn’t necessary at this moment of time…….Rachel. On the other hand it also made me think of her, her big heart and her radiant smile brought the happiest memories that my mind had hidden away back. It also made shivers go down my spine, and strangely made my heart race. She here in this city? was she on Broadway but more importantly, was she ok?

I hear the shower stop and then soon after the door opens and I turn in the direction of the bathroom, footsteps following.

“Finn baby what do you have planned for the day?” Quinn says with a grin.

“Hmm well nothing much I guess, just relaxing and then tomorrow we’ll hit the site seeing.” I had just planned the day right then and there, a spur of the moment decision. If it was my choice which I wouldn’t dare say because Quinn would turn into the incredible hulk. I would say sleep ……..eat……..and repeat.