6. It's Not That I'm Immature...It's Just That You Started It!

Start from the beginning

Well, maybe. 

"Not all of them," I said finally.  "But most are things we'd found and they let us keep.  A lot of the other things, like the artwork, we bought.  It's the same with our house.  Dad and Brielle let us pick some of the stuff from theirs to have in ours."

I put as much emphasis on our as I possibly could.  Again, immature?  Well, maybe.  But I had a good reason for point out that very important point.

"Well, I can't wait to see it then.  Your parents' house is spectacular," she said, sounding genuine. 

And I hated it.  I mean, how could you still not like the ex-girlfriend when she was being nice.

But, oh, did I have my ways...

I sighed almost silently.  Max still heard it, though.  My eyes turned toward him and I saw his little smile as he looked over at me.  His hand moved over my knee and grasped onto mine.  He threaded his fingers through mine and lifted my hand to kiss the back of it.  I couldn't help my smile that creeped onto my lips.  Max kissed my hand again, looking back at me, and then nuzzled my hand with his cheek. 

"Keep your eyes on the road," I said, laughing slightly. 

Max shook his head, looking at me again.  "Nope."

He kept nuzzling my hand until he brought it back to his lips and kissed it once. 

And then he licked it.  Like complete tongue action with the back of my hand.

"Ugh," I squealed, yanking my hand from his.  "You're disgusting."

I wiped the back of my hand on my jeans, shaking my head while he just sat there and laughed.  Ben and Drew were laughing from the back, too. 

"How would you like it if I licked you?" I asked, hitting his arm. 

He looked over at me, wiggling his eyebrows.  "Is that an invitation?  Because it's one I'll gladly except," he said. 

I shook my head, hitting his arm again.  "Perv," I said, rolling my eyes. 

Ben and Drew were groaning in the backseat. 

"Alright, Soph, just ignore them," Drew said. 

"Because it's going to happen at least ten times a day.  Like yesterday, we walked in on them in the middle of a food fight," Ben said. 

"Well, it was the end of it actually," Drew said, and made a gagging sound.  "We walked in in the middle of the make out session that was apparently called as the truce."

Instantly, my cheeks flamed.  "Shut up, you two!"

But did they shut up?  No, they just started laughing. 

I hit Max again when he did, too.  He just grinned and caught my hand again.  This time, though, he just left it in my lap.  Despite the grossness that he just decided to do, I couldn't resist that cute, innocent little smile on his face and he peeked over at me from time to time as he continued to drive to the house.  I just rolled my eyes and leaned my head back against the headrest as he pulled into our driveway. 

The outside lights were on, including the ones over the garage.  Max pulled the Audi into its spot and turned off the engine.  I got out and walked around to the back, opening the door to get everything out.  Sophie appeared next to me with Max at her side.  Ben and Drew were yelling about finding the TV remote and heading inside by the sound of the door slamming open. 

"Here, let me help," Max said, reaching over the two of us to grab the handle of Sophie's suitcase and her duffle bag.

He just kept hold of the suitcase and handed her the duffle since she insisted that she could carry something.  Again, he was just being the gentleman he always was.  He did grab three of the other bags with the presents in it to help me.  He didn't even let me take them when I tried to grab at least one.