A Surprise Worth Diamonds

Chapter Fifteen

      A Surprise Worth Diamonds

Edith’s POV

We stepped into our room, room number ninety-five and stood awestruck in the doorway. The room was filled of lavish reds and gold’s; expensive paintings hung on the walls and in the middle of the room was a large four poster bed, drapes coming down from the corners. I had never seen anything so rich and I felt so privileged, the way everything was set was pristine and I felt so out of place, but I was used to the feeling now, so I decided to ignore it. I mean even when I’m with William, i get the feeling.

William wandered past me with our luggage and set it down at the foot of the bed, turning towards me. “It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” He spoke softly, holding his hand out for me. I smiled and took his hand, which he used to pull me to his chest, his heat vibrating in waves around me.

“It is.” I replied, getting away from his embrace and walking around him to the luggage and opening it up, proceeding to put it all away correctly. Well, not all of it, just the right amount of clothes for the journey.

“Darling, you do not need to do that.” He told me, stopping my hand from hanging up a dinner jacket.

“I do, the creases will come out of the clothes this way.” I responded, taking his hand off my own and placing it on the hanger before placing it in our temporary wardrobe.

“No you do not, I will hire a third class passenger, I am sure they will appreciate the money.” He spoke from behind me.

I turned around instantly. “Do not be silly William, save your money! It will be quicker if I do it and it will be done the way I like it.”

He looked a little sad but he smiled none the less. “Sorry Edith. I just want you to be able to enjoy this lifestyle.” He told me and I let out a small aww.

“Thank you, but I am used to doing this all on my own and I would prefer it as well. Yes, I did not enjoy service, but that was because I was cleaning somebody else’s house. I am going to enjoy doing the same if it is for our house William.” I informed him, whilst folding some of his trousers.

“Okay then, but we do need to get you some more clothes.” He told me and I nodded my head. I was going to ask him that later on tonight. I hardly own any clothes, and those I do are torn and dirty.

“I was going to ask you if I could borrow some money to get some at dinner.” I chuckled but he frowned.

“Ask to borrow money? Edith, my money is now our money.”

I gasped. “William, I do not deserve it at all. Do not be so stupid.” I berated him but he still did not smile.

“Edith, I will want you to be my wife one day, and everything will be shared between us, so now we can start practicing. Please, I want to give you something in return for staying and coming to New York with me.” He replied and a smile appeared on my lips.

“Oh Mr Cunningham you do know how to say the right words sometimes.” I laughed as I patted him lightly on the stomach before going around him. “What time is dinner tonight?” I wondered as I grabbed another pair of trousers.

“It is at half past five.” He informed me, kissing me on the cheek before standing by the door. “I am going to talk to the captain, I shall be back soon.” He spoke and I nodded my head before he exited the room.

After folding the clothes, I looked through the clothes I had hung up for myself and went through them, to see which clothes I could wear, realising that none of them were suitable. William wandered in again and I tried to give him a nice smile of greeting, but could not. I did not want to embarrass him. “Are you okay darling?” William asked concerned and I shook my head.