0.31- you're hot

emma has a slight smile on her face as she sat down at her lunch table. this wasn't something that any of her friends were used to, she usually ranted about how shitty her teachers were.

james was suspicious on it having to do with ethan, considering she seemed happy when the two returned before first bell.

ellie and hannah both word knowing smirks, while james sent her a questioning glance. he had theories about what happened once the two left him and grayson. but james had no facts.

"what's got you all happy?" james raised an eyebrow, a smirk on his face.

"oh nothing," emma dragged before laughing, "if i tell you, just don't say anything." james nodded and held a finger to his mouth. ellie and hannah both nodded in agreement and leaned closer to emma.

"ethan said he liked me." emma smiled, a light red blush covering her cheeks.

"oh my gosh!" james whisper-yelled. he turned his head to look back at their table. however, ethan wasn't sitting with chase or grayson.

"what'd you say?" ellie asked.

"i told him that i like him too," emma answered, "then we kinda sorta... kissed."

"hey ems," ethan greeted as he walked behind her, "hey james."

"hey eth." emma grinned as he sent her a subtle wink before heading over to where he usually sat.

"he's so hot." emma smiled before realizing she said it out loud. the rest of the group bursting out laughing.

"shit- i didn't mean to say that out loud." emma turned beet red and placed her head down on the lunch table, sliding her food out of the way.

"it's true, kitty girl, embrace your man." james winked.