0.21- morning hangover

emma woke up to a pounding headache. she blinked a few times, her eyes adjusting to the light coming from the blinds. she wasn't in her room, but the room she was in wasn't unfamiliar.

her eyes wandered as she looked next to her, seeing the bed empty. however, emma heard the shower running so she was grateful she had some time to think. grabbing her phone, her eyes widening as she saw the time. 12:18

dozens of missed calls and texts from hannah and ellie. memories came flooding back into emma's mind when she realized how she ending up in ethan's room. rather than the house where the party was held.

"why'd you stop?" emma pouted, ethan chuckled at her reaction as he kept her pinned on the counter.

"not here, ems." he whispered, "i'm going to call an uber. did you drive?"

"ellie has my keys, she's designated driver." emma told him, a smile gracing her face when she realized what was happening.

"great, chase was my ride." a smirk was on ethan's face as he placed his phone down a moment later. emma was about to say something when he re-captured her lips.

"you're awake." a voice pulled emma from her thoughts as she looked over to see ethan come out of the bathroom. he was in black sweats that hung lowly on his waist, no shirt on.

"yeah, just woke up." she told him, sitting up. only to realize that, she was in fact not wearing anything. a gasp escaped her lips as she pulled his blanket up so she could cover herself.

"fuck you." she playfully glared when he laughed at her reaction.

"you did last night." ethan winked, going over to his dresser to grab a shirt, "there's a gatorade next to you, it might help with the headache." he told her as he put the shirt on.

emma smiled, "thanks, e."

she was about to grab her shirt from the ground when she felt clothes collide with her face, not hard enough to hurt her, but surprise her.

"fuck, sorry em," ethan laughed, "you can put those on, your clothes might be uncomfortable."

emma wanted to tease him for hitting her, but she felt her face get red, "t-thanks."

"i'll meet you downstairs, so you can change." he said before sending her a smirk and shutting the door.

moments later, emma came downstairs in his sweatshirt and she rolled the sweatpants he gave her since they were big.

"fuck you for being tall." she joked and he looked over and laughed.

"i can drop you off at your place, if you want. considering you don't have a car." ethan offered.

"that'd be great." emma thanked, "can we stop for coffee, though?" she questioned.

"sure." ethan shrugged as he grabbed his keys, yelling for gray, "i'll be back later, gray!"

"shit ethan- my eardrums are broken, thanks." emma cringed.

"sorry emma." ethan laughed.

"how are you not dying?" she groaned.

"i don't think i had as much to drink, plus you woke up like ten minutes ago." ethan answered. emma just sighed as she followed ethan out to his jeep. glaring at the ground to avoid the sun burning her eyes.

in the car, neither of the two talked about what had happened. but neither of them regretted it. ethan wasn't known for hooking up to with a bunch of girls, so emma wasn't worried about him just forgetting about her in a week.