0.3- this isn't over

emma sent a small smirk to herself as she noticed ethan walk in the classroom, wearing a different shirt. he had on a black tee, no longer his white one, and emma felt pride that she was the reason why.

"i still can't believe you did that to him. he seems pissed." james whispered to her, this being one of the two classes the two shared.

"he can be pissed, at least now he notices my existence." emma shrugged, james just shook his head in laughed.

"you go, sister. i wish i could be like you more, emma." james responded.

"emma." a deep voice cut in, emma loved the way whoever it was said her name. looking up, her eyes widened in surprise.

"what do you-" ethan cut her off, a firm look on his muscular face.

"this," he motioned between themselves, "we aren't over."

"it was an accident, fuck off." emma rolled her eyes. ethan's mouth formed itself into a smirk as he didn't respond, just walking to his normal seat.

"he talked to you. he knows your name. he said it wasn't over." james was freaking out.

"calm down, kitty girl." emma joked, james laughed at the name.

"next step is to get daddy grayson to notice me. why couldn't you run into him instead?" james teased emma snorted, not responding do to the teacher coming into the classroom.

a girl sitting in from on emma turned around, she had damaged blonde hair and overly lined lips, "you caused quite the scene with ethan earlier." she acknowledged.

"i'm meredith, but you probably knew that." the blonde smirked, "i just wanted to say that i admire what you did. leaves one less person to worry about stealing ethan away from me."

"you bitch." emma mumbled.

"what was that, ms. chamberlain?" mrs. lopez asked, a strict face.

"nothing." emma signed, leaning back in her chair.

"next time i hear a comment like that from you, i will make sure you get detention." mrs. lopez glared, before turning her attention to the snickers from her classmates.

"all of you, it's time to pay attention."

and just like that, class started. emma felt a stare, but didn't want to turn around and tell who it was. however, she had a pretty good clue onto who the stare belonged to.