One of the nurses smile. “You’re awake, finally. You’re in back in the Center. We took you here because you were losing blood quickly from your wolf bite.”

The memories fall into her head again. “Yeah, I remember. Where’s Romeo? Is he okay?”

The nurse changes her face to sadness. “I’m sorry-”

“You’re awake!”

Juliette’s eyes flicker over to her brother, whose running towards her. He clasps her into a hug. “How long have I been out?”

“Two days.”

Her eyes bug out of her head as they retreat from the hug. “Really?”

“Yeah.”

“How is everybody?”

Max starts listing everybody off. “I’m fine, dad has a scratch, Astrid has a broken arm, and Noah is perfectly fine.”

“What about Romeo?”

His face winces. “Uh…”

Astrid, Noah, and Eddie decide to come into the room at that time. Astrid grins and gives her friend a side hug with the arm that’s not broken. “Guess what, girly?”

Juliette’s eyes linger on her brother’s before going to Astrid. “What?”

She waves the neon pink cast in front of Julie. “I’m letting you sign first!”

A smile zips onto her face. “Thanks, Astrid. How is Romeo?” She repeats her question out loud, trying to get an answer from anybody. She needs to know.

Everybody looks away from her. Everybody. That’s how she knows something’s wrong with him. Her heart starts thundering as the room starts to spin a bit. She turns around to talk to the nurse. “What room is Romeo Ross in?”

“Are you related-”

“What room is he in, dammit!” She snaps, dropping the barely nice tone.

“Room 308,” The girl murmurs depressingly.

Juliette takes off, in search for the room. “Juliette, wait-”

She’s rounding the corner, cutting off her brother’s voice. Her eyes trail after every room. 305...306...307...308. It’s a wooden door with a silver rectangle in the middle. In fancy lettering, it reads the number 308. Gulping in air, she slides open the door.

Romeo is on the bed she was on earlier in the same ghost color sheet. An IV is pressed into his arm with a heart monitor going off. His chest is rising slowly and peacefully. Tears slipping down her cheeks, she comes closer to reveal even more pain. Scars and scratches cover his arms and legs. There’s even some scratches on his face.