Chapter1-scared

Elana's P.O.V.

"Sophia give it back!" I whine as I chase Sophia. She took the tv remote away from me and I want it back!

"Stop being so loud!" My daddy Ed yelled and we stopped running and yelling

"Yes sir." I say and look at Sophia "Lets go outside!" I say and Sophia nods. Sophia is a year younger then me.

Im twelve and she's eleven. We get along really well. Our father he is abusive to our mom Carol.

He Hurts us some times but not a lot because Mamas usually is able to make him stop before he hurts us. "No! No going outside today girls!Go pack for a long and I mean long vacation!" My mom says quickly.

"Why mama?" Sophia asks

"Just do it!" mama says and I nod.

"Come on Sophia." I say an bring her up to our room.We have to share a room, I hate sharing the room.

"Are we going on a vacation that mama said that?" Sophia asks and I shrug

"I don't know." I say and grab my bag.I start to stuff my clothes and stuff that i would need into my bag

"Elana remember those picture books?" my mama asks me

"Yes mama." I say and my mama steps into our room.

"Put those in your bags to." she says an I nod. Mama leaves then I hurry up and finish packing then go help Sophia pack.

"Hurry the hell up!" my dad yells "Were done!" I yell back and roll my eyes.

Can I bring my doll?" Sophia asks and I shrug

"I guess." I say and grab my bag.Me and Sophia walk down stairs with our bags.

"Why are people doing that?" I ask scared as I see people ripping off other people's faces on tv.

My mama looks at me and shuts off the tv. "I don't know sweetie but you and Sophia get in the car." Mama says and I nod

"Come on Sophia." I say and grab her hand. We get in the car and soon Mama and Daddy does to.

I wonder where were going." Sophia says and I nod.

Me too." I says and I look at Momma "Momma?" I say and Mama looks at me

"Yes sweetie?" Momma says "Are we gonna be okay? With those people?" I ask an Mom nods "Yes. Remember Dale?" Carol asks and I nod "He has this little place we can go to out of the city with his RV he said we could go there so Thats what were gonna do." Mama says and I nod.

"So what did you see on tv?" Sophia asks

"People were ripping other people's faces off. It was scary and still is." I say

"That is scary." Sophia says and I nod

"But were gonna be okay." I say and give Sophia a reassuring smile. We drive along this long high way until we have to stop because there was a tragic jam.

"Can we get out of the car? Everyone else is!" Sophia says and my mom nods.

"Yeah sure." she says and we get out if the car. It was night time know and it's summer so it was hot. "Blah! Why must it be so hot?" Sophia ask and I laugh

"Right?" I say and Sophia smiles.

"Sophia,Elana come see." My momma call us and I see she's standing next to a man and women and a boy my age or Sophia's age.

One or the other. We go over there "Elana, Sophia this is Lori, Shane and Carl." Mama says and I see a women with long brown hair, a man, and a boy with brown hair and these really cute blue eyes.