Unexpected

What? I'm posting? And there's only like 5 chapters left? Oh.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian, Ben, Jordan and Xeen had all decided to go on a camping trip together. Just four friends hanging out together in the wilderness, going on hikes, and all that fun stuff.

The first few days had gone smoothly. They had set up their tents and a fire near the old picnic table left in the center of the clearing of the campsite. They had gone on a few short hikes and played in the water at the edge of a nearby river before it got dark and they lit the fire.

They had made s'mores and laughed and joked as the moon rose higher and higher, only getting to bed well after midnight.

They had repeated a similar routine for the majority of the trip - the only difference being in the last day.

The fifth and final day of the vacation was supposed to just be some hanging out at the campsite before heading off on the longest hike they had planned - a trip to a vantage point overlooking the rushing water of a waterfall and the sparkling pool at the bottom.

The waterfall had been one of the main reasons they had chosen the particular site to camp in and they all - especially the youngest - were excited to see it.

So, it was reasonable that Ben played off the pain he woke up to as a bad backache and insisted that he was fine as the others voiced their concern. He had smiled through grunts of pain and forced himself to keep quiet as the backache only seemed to get worse and worse.

(Here goes horrible summary time~)

Ben's pain gets worse and worse throughout the day but he still insists on going on the hike to the waterfall. The group reluctantly decides to let him go and they set off near noon, planning to make it back by sunset. It's obvious to the others that even walking is becoming a challenge for Ben and they keep going slower and slower to try to make the hike easier for him. Though, eventually, Ian has enough of the other forcing himself to keep going and makes up an excuse to turn back. Xeen catches on to what he's doing and decides to go back with Ian, though, much to their dismay, the other two decide to keep going on. To not make their attempt to get the youngest to go back obvious, the older two still head back to camp as the other two continue towards the waterfall.

Time passes as the younger two continue moving on at an ever increasingly slower pace. In fact, they go so slow that the sky is already starting to darken when Jordan hears a crash behind him. Assuming that Ben had fallen, he turned around to help him and, seeing that he was right, tried to do so. Though, as he attempted to pull the smaller up, Ben let out a sound of pain and fell back down. A few more times of this happening and Jordan decided to just pick Ben up and carry him the short distance to the next clearing.

There, he set the other down and sat next to him, hoping that Ben would feel better by time their little break ended. Though, it was only a few minutes later that Ben was letting out a shaky gasp and Jordan was looking over to see what was going on. He gets concerned when he sees how pale the other's face is and asks whats wrong. An extremely awkward and embarrassing conversation later, Jordan is stripping his friend's lower half to see what the 'painful, weird feeling between his legs' was.

A moment of shock later, Jordan was giving confusing commands to the other that only made sense after Ben's own moment of pure shock and disbelief. Ya know, the moment directly following the one where he heard the unmistakable sound of a baby crying.

Jordan handed the little girl to the other before taking off his jacket to wrap her in. Though, he quickly took the girl back and set her aside as more pain hit Ben and they realized, to their horror, that he was having twins. More orders and pain later, Jordan was taking off his shirt to wrap up the second girl. He let Ben hold them both and redressed his friend before laying next to him and staring straight up at the ever darkening sky. His thoughts raced as he thought of what he had just done and what it implied, two thoughts sticking to him the most. One being that he had seen more of his friend than he ever would of wanted to. The other being that the man that looked no different than he did the day they met had been pregnant. Meaning that someone had got him pregnant. And Ben was single. Which meant... "Hey, uh, these kids... Nothing... bad happened to you to... get... pregnant... Did it?"

A moment of confusion passed before Ben's face lit up red, "N-no! No, I know wh-who it was..."

Jordan gave him an accusatory look, "That's not what I was asking."

Ben blushed even more, "I... I'm dating him... okay?"

"Oh," Jordan paused, "Who?"

A moment of silence passed before a  small voice spoke up, "I-Ian."

"Huh?" That seemed to get the older's attention.

"We... we were going to tell our friends when we told our fans so there wouldn't be any slip ups or anything... I was just... I haven't been ready to come out yet," Ben gave a nervous laugh before continuing, "I guess I'm afraid of how people will react to knowing I'm engaged to my best friend who happens to be another guy."

"Hold up, engaged?"

Ben gave a small, sheepish smile before looking away.

"You're engaged," Jordan breathed out a laugh, "And I thought my relationship was secretive."

"Huh?"

"Oh, uh," Jordan only then seemed to realize what he had said, "i-it's nothing."

"No, you mentioned your relationship. You're in a relationship Spooklez." A moment passed, "C'mon, I told you about me and Iaaaan." He let out the whine, hoping to make the other talk.

"Fine. I'm with Xeen, okay?"

"Ooo, so both of our boyfriends are here, huh?"

"Yeah and, uh, speaking of them, we should probably get back to them. It's getting dark."

Ben looked towards the setting sun and tried to get up before falling back down and sheepishly looking towards Jordan, "I, uh, don't think I can get up... It still hurts too much."

"Well... that's not completely unexpected," Jordan stood up and took a deep breath before picking the other up, "Guess we're just gonna have to do it this way, huh?"

Ben just blushed, embarrassed that he was being such a burden and snugly held his babies to his chest as Jordan carried them back towards the campsite. Of course, they had to take a few breaks along the way so Jordan could rest, and it was pitch black outside by time they made it, but they did it. 

Naturally, the first thing Jordan did was yell for the other two and watched as two figures came running from the campfire. They were met with endless questions and scoldings for taking so long before the sound of a baby shut the older two up. The confused looks were met with Ben aiming a small 'surprise' to Ian and Jordan sighing before giving a 'long story short, Ben's pain was labor, we know about each other's relationships, and yoU'RE ENGAGED?!'

Ian was left stunned at the sudden realization that he was now a father, leaving Xeen to be the voice of reason and mention that Ben and the babies should get to the hospital. Jordan left Ben to Ian and the two cooed over their little girls while Jordan and Xeen packed up and loaded everything into their car in record time.

I don't remember the last bit, but I'm sure it was a witty line that would stick to you like 'It wasn't a conventional way of coming into the world, but they wouldn't have it any other way if it meant being able to raise two beautiful girls and start the family they both knew they wanted oh so bad'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1359 words! This is somehow even longer that a lot of the normal chapters I wrote here and it's not even proper writing... shows how much I put into the, oh I don't know, hundreds of times I told this story to myself ages ago.

Also, this may or may not be based on the show 'I didn't know I was pregnant'... it may or may not have something to do with an episode where a baby is born in a truck stop bathroom... I literally don't know tho. But that episode makes me e m o t i o n a l and I feel like it has to do with this fic that I've had in my mind for ages.....

Hope you enjoyed!

~Angel ^-^