New Years

Surprise New Years one-shot! ^-^

Enjoy! (Sorry if any formatting is weird. I made this whole thing from my phone.)

————————————————————————

It was currently just minutes until the new year started and Ian and Ben were sitting on the couch watching the live showing of the Times Square ball drop. Ian yawned and stretched his arm so that he could put it around the smaller boy next to him. He had initially planned for them to go to bed at their normal time but, his little foreign boyfriend had other plans.

The Danish boy had wanted to spend his first New Years in America watching the annual news stream. Ian had tried to argue that it wasn't all that special watching a giant disco ball fall but, Ben's puppy eyes was more than enough to win him over.

Now, the couple were sitting together in very different moods. Ian exhausted and only staying up cause the other wanted him to stay awake until midnight with him. And Ben excited and energized by even the thought of being able to participate in another American tradition.

The Danish boy had gone through so many new experiences in his few short months in the new country. After spending his whole life in Denmark, even the smallest things seemed to be different in America. Birthdays celebrated differently, holidays taken to a whole other level, not to mention all the holidays that didn't even exist in his home country. What wasn't there to love and be excited about all this?

The only down side to the five months Benjamin had spent in America was that their relationship was progressing quite slowly and they hadn't gone any further than holding hands, cuddling, and pet names.

Ian knew that he was the one that brought them to just about every new level but, for some reason, he was nervous to kiss Ben. He knew that he should just suck it up and kiss his boyfriend already. He knew that Ben wanted him to. In fact, they had been so close so many times but, he would back out before their lips actually connected. He was just scared to do it.

Though, an idea popped into Ian's head as he tiredly stared at the TV. A smile spread across his face as he watched the countdown reach the final minute. He waited for it to reach the final seconds before grabbing Ben's shoulders and turning him so that they faced each other. Before the smaller could react, Ian crashed his lips against his.

Ben's body was stiff for a moment then, as fireworks and cheers came from the TV, he relaxed and kissed back. Ian smiled into the kiss and let his arms wrap around Ben's waist. Soon, Benjamin was snaking his arms up and around Ian's neck. He slightly pulled the older's hair as he played with it and let himself get lost in the moment that he had craved for so long. Though, all too soon, Ian was pulling away and he let out a disappointed sound.

He blushed as his lover smiled down at him. They locked eyes and, before they knew it, their lips were pressed together again. Ian pulled Ben into his lap and let the smaller lean against him as they kissed. This kiss was deeper and more passionate than the last one, fueled by their desperation to be closer and more intimate than ever before.

Ian gently pushed Ben away from him and broke the contact to gasp a much needed breath of air. Ben rested his forehead against Ian's and did the same. Both breathing hard, Ian was the first to speak, "Kissing s-someone on," he panted, "New Years is good luck f-for the relationship."

The breathless response was only half a word, "W-Wha...?"

"It's an... American tradition, Benny-boo."

The Danish boy smiled and blushed a bit at the nickname he loved so much. "Oh."

A silence fell over the couple after the simple reaction and neither knew what more to say. So, instead, they closed the small gap between them with another kiss.

————————————————————————

667 words! And all typed from my phone... Yeah... I'm not home rn and don't have anything better to do :P

Requests always open!

~Angel ^-^