Tag, You're It (Part 3)

Warning: hospitals

Wow... three full parts... hehe... oops :P

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Ian woke up, his body ached and there were bandages covering most of his body. He was confused for a moment before the memories crashed back to him. He almost wished that they hadn't.

Throughout the next few hours, multiple nurses went in and out of the room, giving Ian food and pain killers. Though, none of that was what he wanted. He wanted - needed - to know what had happened to Ben.

Where was he?

Was he okay?

Was he still in surgery?

Had- Had he even made it to the hospital?

The last question made Ian sick just thinking of it. Not because it was so horrible of a thought but, because it was a very real possibility. There was a very high chance that Ben hadn't been able to survive the few more minutes it took to get to the hospital. He had already been dying when Ian was taken from him and, now, he could be dead.

Ian regretted not fighting the paramedics.

He should of stayed with Ben.

He should of stayed with him and let him have at least a little comfort in his last moments.

He should of just told him that he loved him too and that he would miss him very much.

He should of kissed him.

He should of done so many things differently because, now, he would never be able to do them.

Ian let himself get lost in regrets and what ifs, all the alternative ways that the day could of gone. He was so focused on his fantasy worlds that he didn't pay much attention to the nurse entering the room. He just let her check his vitals and mindlessly complied. It wasn't until she spoke something other than the usual commands that Ian truly gave her his attention.

"I believe that you'll be glad to hear that your friend is out of surgery. H-"

Ian couldn't believe what he was hearing, "Wait... Ben's alive!" Ian couldn't keep the excitement out of his voice.

"Yes, Benjamin is alive. He was barely hanging on when he got here but, he made it to the operating room and everything seems to of gone well." Hope was shining in Ian's eyes and the nurse gave him a sad smile before continuing, "He's in the intensive care unit and currently not allowed to have visitors."

Ian's smile fell. "I can't..."

"No, but you're in no shape to be leaving your room either." She wrote down the final statistic on her clipboard. She smiled at him before walking to the door, "I'll keep you updated on his condition." With a nod, she left the room.

A new appreciation and love for Ben filled Ian and the rest of the day was filled with happy promises for the future.

The next few days passed excruciatingly slow for Ian. Despite the updates that Ben was doing better and that he had been moved to the normal recovery unit, Ian still missed him so much it hurt. So, of course, the day that Ian was allowed to leave his room and go to Ben's, he was overjoyed. The short walk from one room to another seemed unbearably long but, was more than worth it.

The second Ian saw his boyfriend he ran to him. He wrapped the smaller boy in his arms, welcoming the returned hug. Soon, both of their faces were being covered in kisses and tears mixed on their cheeks. They didn't care how much of a scene they were making.

They were together again.

They were both alive.

Ian smiled down at his lover. Ben loosely wrapped his arms around Ian's neck and let a smile spread across his face. Ian smiled a bit wider and brought his hands up to cup Ben's face. He used his thumbs to wipe away Ben's tears before leaning down and kissing him again.

The two were still so close when Ian spoke that Ben could feel his lips brush against his own with each word,"I love you. I love you so, so, so much, Ben."

"I love you too, Ian"

"I was so scared that I was going to loose you, baby." Ian brushed his thumbs across Ben's cheeks, comforted by even such a small gesture.

"I... was scared too."

"Of course you were scared, Ben, you were... you were hurt. I don't know what I would of done if... if... you know... if you," Ian forced himself to say the last words, "d-didn't make it." Ian let out a shaky breath that left a warm feeling on Ben's face. "But... But let's not think of that, you're okay and that's all that matters." Ian leaned down and kissed his boyfriend again.

When they pulled away, Ben spoke, "I-Ian?" His voice seemed to have a tone of guilt to it.

"Yes, baby?"

"Can I... tell you something?"

A puzzled look crossed Ian's face, "Of course."

"When I... woke up... after surgery... I... I asked the nurse to tell you that I was awake..." Ben stuttered through his nervousness.

"Yeah? And?" Ian obviously didn't see what was such a big deal about this.

"A-and... and I asked her to... to make sure you d-didn't find out..."

"Find out? Find out what?"

"Th-that I... That I d-died..."

"What?"

"I... I died, Ian... t-twice..."

"Wha-?"

"Once in the ambulance and once in the operating room... but... but the doctors brought be back. I-I'm okay now... I just... I just didn't want you to w-worry about me."

"Of course I'm going to worry about you." Ian smiled down at the smaller boy, "I care about you, Ben. I love you." He pressed a kiss against the other's lips before speaking again, "Now, let's put this all behind us and move on to a happier future, okay?"

"Okay... Th-that sounds nice." Ben smiled up at Ian before pulling him down and kissing him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

985 words! And this one-shot is finally done xP

I may or may not upload tomorrow as a little Christmas bonus... really, it depends on if I have time to write it :P

Requests always open!!

~Angel ^-^