Psych ward

Here's a long one-shot I've had since pretty much the beginning of this book. It's actually pretty good and (hopefully) makes up for the meh quality ones I've been posting lately.

Note: I wrote this with little to no information on mental institutes/hospitals and kinda didn't want to post it originally cause I felt like there may be some misinformation that is offensive/harmful. 

Warning: restraints, bad/abusive(?) treatment of patient (I don't really know how much of this should be in the warnings, so just know there's a lot of medical and mental themes)

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian followed the lady down the hallway. The sterile white walls and floor tiles that covered the whole facility gave little to look at. However, this one department of the building gave a feeling that would distract anyone from anything.

The eeriness of the extreme condition wing of the mental hospital filled the air and Ian couldn't understand how the nurse didn't seem to even notice it. The thought that she had been here enough for the feeling to become normal sent a chill down his spine.

As they approached their destination, Ian could feel the air thicken as the eerie feeling grew stronger.

"Here we are," she turned to face the medical student, "I know you've done well with the more mild cases but... this guy...," she let out a heavy sigh, "he's one of the worst cases we've ever had here and the worst I've ever seen."

Ian gave a look that asked 'what's wrong with him?'

"He has a very severe case of depression. In the nine years he's been here not a single doctor has found a form of medication or therapy that works on him."

Ian stared at her in shock, "Nine... years?"

"Yeah. He was brought here by his parents and admitted when he was in his early teens. When he became an adult, his condition was already so severe that it would of been hazardous to release him. Now... Well, you can see how much of a danger he is to himself now," the nurse put a hand to the door, "Just be prepared for what's in here and know that it's all for the greater good... To protect him from himself."

Anxiety was rising in Ian's chest and he took a deep breath before nodding and watching the nurse open the door. His jaw dropped at what he saw inside.

This room was much different from the other patient rooms he had been in before. The normal rooms had a simple twin bed, dresser, desk and a chair. That was it. They tended to bring words like 'cozy' and 'welcoming' to Ian's mind.

This room however brought much different words to him. 'Technological' and 'scientific' came to mind. Though the third word stuck the strongest 'prison'.

The large room had a glass wall diving the side the door was on from the back half of the room. Along the bottom half of the glass and along the walls of the door side, were many machines and monitors that seemed like a mix of surveillance and medical equipment. A man in a lab coat was sitting at some controls and a man in scrubs seemed to be organizing a shelf of medications.

There was a metal and glass door on the far right side of the glass divider and on the other side was perhaps the most horrifying part of the room. The floor, ceiling, and all the walls were covered in a white padding with the exception of the door and part of the divider that the machines didn't hide.

In the center of the room was a young man with a straight jacket restraining his arms to his chest. There was a chain that seemed to come from the back of it and connected to the middle of the ceiling. It seemed to be just long enough for the man to sit or stand in the center of the room and every bit of it that the man could of possibly reached was covered in a thick padding. The man was looking down but Ian thought he could see something around his mouth - a gag, perhaps.