Lies

Okay... this is super cliché and cringy and dramatic and I almost don't want to post it, but here we are. I didn't do much editing, so enjoy this childish mess.

Warning: attempted suicide

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian and Ben get into a fight

Ian yells that he doesn't love Ben.

Ben freezes and the fighting is quickly replaced with silence.

A small voice speaks up, "I knew it..."

Suddenly realizing how bad what he just said was, Ian tries to correct himself, "I-"

He was cut off as Ben spoke over him, "I knew it was too good to be true." He paused as tears fell down his cheeks, "You just said what I wanted to hear to keep me from jumping. You... you never loved me... did you?" More tears fell as Ben let out a sob, "You're just like everyone else! Nobody ever loved be before, why did I think you would be any different!"

Anger mixing with sadness, he pulled off his ring and threw it at Ian's feet before running to the door, "You're not stopping me this time!"

Ian was left in shock for a moment before the reality of the situation hit him. Becoming very concerned he picked up the ring and ran a finger over the shiny surface before alarm set it as Ben's last words finally set in. Not stopping me this time. Ben was going to try to do it again. He was going to try to jump from the bridge that Ian had saved him from years ago.

Ian found himself running before before he even knew he was moving. He ran and ran all the way back to the bridge that crossed the deep, fast flowing river. He couldn't- he wouldn't let Ben become another one of it's victims.

Relief washed over him as he saw the smaller still standing on the ledge. He ran up to him and wrapped his arms around his waist in an iron gripped hug, the railing being the only thing separating them.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!"

A cold silence passed before Ben answered, "I know you didn't mean that you loved me."

"No, I do! I didn't mean that I don't love you." He held Ben impossibly tighter and snuggled his face into curly brown hair, "I love you more than anything and you know it."

"Then why did you say that!" Anger still showed in Ben's voice as he snapped.

"Because...," Ian sighed, "Because I stupid and thought hurting you would make me win the argument. I'm sorry Baby."

"Well you were right about one thing. That hurt me."

"I know and I'm so, so sorry Sweetie. Please, just come home with me Benny. I love you."

"Why should I believe you?" The cold, almost emotionless words stung.

"Because... because we're engaged. We've been best friends for ages. We've had so many good memories together, especially since you moved across the ocean to a whole other country just to live with me. Please, if you believe anything, just believe me when I say that I love you. I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to marry you and have kids with you and watch them grow up with you. You're my true love Ben and the only person I'd want to do those wonderful things with. Every relationship has its ups and downs and this just another obstacle in ours. So, please, just come back on this side of the railing and take the first steps to that future with me. Please, I need you."

Ian's voice shook as he tried to hold back his tears until he was done and let them fall down his face.

Ben was left in shock of what had been said how emotional they had left the usually stoic older. He tried to hold back his own tears as he spoke in a small voice, "Really?"

Ian sniffled, "Yes, really. I need you and I love you and you're my everything, Ben."

New tears mixed the old ones Ben hasn't bothered to wipe away, "I'm... scared."

"Huh? W-why?" Ian's voice sounded small and fragile, a very rare occurrence for him.

"What if... I fall," he paused, "I don't want to die, Ian!"

The older felt his arms move with each sob and gasped breath that Ben made.

"I want to go home! I want to go home and... and we can watch the movie you wanted! I don't care anymore! Just let me go home!"

"H-hey... Shh, shh... C-calm down, i-it's more dangerous for you to move when you're crying so hard."

Ben sniffled and whimpered as he tried to calm his crying, "I don't want to die, Ian..."

"And you're not going to. I'll hold onto you forever if I have to, but you're not going to fall. I promise."

Ben took a shaky breath, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being so dumb and overreacting and-"

"And you're not dumb. Sure you may of overreacted, going straight to suicide and all, but you overreact to everything." Ian gave a small laugh, "It's what makes you you and is just another reason why I should of never said anything like what I said. I'm sorry." He finished his rebuttal by pressing a kiss to the top of Ben's head. "Do you want to try coming back on this side?"

Ben waited a moment to respond, "You... won't let me fall?"

Ian smiled, "I promise."

"Then, I'll try."

"Good."

Ian loosened his grip just enough to let Ben shift in his arms, turning to face the older. Ben gripped tightly onto the front of Ian's shirt, "I'm scared to m-move more. You know how clumsy I am and how horrible my balance is."

"Hey, it's okay," Ian pressed a kiss to the top of Ben's head, "Want me to try to pull you over?"

An eager nod against his chest was accompanied by a small, "M'hm."

"Then hold on tight."

Ben gripped Ian's shirt until his knuckles turned white and pressed his body as close as he could get. "Ok-kay... I'm ready..."

"Okay then," Ian moved one hand down to hook it behind Ben's knee before pulling him up and letting his legs rest on the rail for a moment as he changed their position so he could more comfortably hold the smaller.

Ben clung tightly to Ian as tears of joy fell down his face from being over safety, "Th-thank you for saving me."

"No problem, Sweetie." Ian kissed Ben's forehead.

"I shouldn't of ran off like I did... Something as dumb as this shouldn't be the reason I die..."

Ian smiled, "And it's not going to be." He kissed Ben on the lips, "Let's go home now."

"That... sounds nice," tiredness showed in Ben's voice as the toll of all his crying and extreme emotions hit him.

Ian's soft smile grew, "Sounds like someone could use a nap. Or, at least, some cuddles on the couch while we watch his favorite movies."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1144 words! Satisfying number...

Hope you enjoyed!

~Angel ^-^