Valentines Day

Prompt: Hot n Cold Soulmate AU! Where the distance between you and your soulmate is determined by your body temperature. The closer you are to you soulmate the warmer you are. The farther you are the colder it feels.

Woo! I'm back with a new chapter! Sorry if anything seems weird, I kinda rushed this... oops :P

Enjoy!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin was used to the cold. He grew up in it, after all. It was all he'd ever known and, at some point, the freezing feeling just became normal, the tingling in his fingers and toes didn't bother him anymore.

Though, Ben knew that this wasn't too strange of a 'condition'. There were plenty of other people in the world who felt a similar constant coldness. There were plenty of people who were destined to be with someone who lived a long ways from them.

Looking out his window at the beautiful scenery of Denmark, Benjamin knew exactly why he was always so cold. He let out a sigh as he watched a couple walk down the street and wished that his life could be that easy. Wished that his perfect lover lived in the same city, or even country, as him.

Ben just so happened to be given the great misfortune of falling so deeply in love with someone he didn't even know if he would ever get to meet in person. It couldn't just be a coincidence that his soulmate had to of lived very far away and his crush happened to live in America. No, it had to be fate. This person had to be his soulmate.

To make matters worse, his crush just so happened to also be his best friend. That fact only served as a major reason why he refused to confess his love. He knew that, if Ian didn't return is feelings, it could end their friendship. After all, who would want to be friends with someone who they rejected. It would be too awkward. He was terrified of that happening so, Ben kept his feelings hidden to make sure he would alway have at least a friendship with who could only be the love of his life.

-=-=-=-

Ben didn't know he could be so happy. The recording session had gone like any other but, at the end, Ian had asked a question that Ben's could of never expected. Would you like to come to America? You know, so we can hang out on Valentines Day and not be totally forever alone. A laugh at the end left Ben's heart pounding and he was barely able to get out a "Y-yeah" in response.

Ian had laughed at his stutter and went on to explain plane tickets and living arrangements and what not though, the Danish boy didn't hear a word of it. He just nodded and replied whenever there was a silence, hoping that what he was saying made sense. He was too lost in his thoughts to actually pay attention. Too focused on daydreams to listen.

-=-=-=-

The day came so fast. First thing Ben knew, he was buying a ticket to America. The next, a week had passed and he was at the airport. The nine and a half hour flight seemed to pass in minutes.

Though, throughout the flight Ben noticed something. The tingly feeling in his fingers and toes disappeared. Then, another, even weirder feeling. The coldness started to fade. By the time he was taking his first steps into America, a strange feeling was over his whole body.

Warmth.

It was strange and new and only confirmed what he had believed the past few years.

It didn't take long for Ben to spot his taller, long-haired friend. A smile spread across his face as Ben walked over to Ian and wrapped his arms around him in an excited hug. Ian returned the gesture though, as the he pulled his arms away, he noticed that Ben was still frozen in his hug.

Ian let out a small chuckle and, as he ran a hand back though Ben's curly mess of hair, spoke in a gentle voice, "The warmth is nice for a change, isn't it?"

The smaller looked up at phrase 'for a change'. Confusion ran through him and all that he could do was let out a small, "Huh?"

Ian gave an unsure smile, "That is, assuming that you've spent your life in the cold too."

Too. Ian must of felt cold all his life just like Ben. They really were soulmates.

The stary look in Ben's eyes must of been enough of a response as Ian's smile gained more confidence before he spoke again. "Come on," he pried Ben away from him before grabbing onto one of his hands, "let's go get your stuff." He lead them towards the luggage claim and Ben gently squeezed his hand.

The Danish boy let out a soft gasp at the intense warmth in his usually freezing hand. It was so nice. Warmth was... soft and cozy and welcoming. Everything about it was so much better than the harsh, uninviting cold.

The duo stoped at the place all of the luggage from Ben's plane would be and Ian said something that the younger only ever thought he'd fantasize, "I love you."

"Wha-"

"You... You obviously haven't felt warmth before now and... agh," he paused, looking for the right words, "What I'm trying to say is that we're soulmates and I've kinda had a crush on you for a while so I uh... I'd thought I'd just say it."

Ben never thought he'd see Ian blush but, here he was, red faced and flustered. He smiled shyly and managed to get the words past the butterflies in his stomach, "I... love you, too."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

903 words! Not bad for two-ish hours :P

Requests always open!

~Angel ^-^