Nightmares

Long story short, I finished writing this at the same time as the last one but the editing on this one didn't go so well so it took a bit longer to make good enough to publish. There's a few things that still sound a bit awkward, but I'm so tired of staring at this that I decided to just go with what I have right now xD

Warning: Mpreg, mentioned abuse and killing

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben woke up in a panic. His heart pounded in his chest as he quickly sat up, his clothes and hair sticking to him with a layer of sweat. He protectively wrapped his arms around the small bump of his stomach as he took deep breaths to try to calm himself. 

He had only been pregnant for a few weeks and had already had so many nightmares about abusing his baby that he'd almost grown used to waking up this way. Almost.

So, as the Dane felt his heart rate slow, he ran a hand back through his hair to push the damp curls away and looked to the side. He let out a soft sigh as a small smile twitched at his lips at the sight of his husband, sleeping peacefully in his place next to him.

He let himself lay back down and cuddled to Ian's side, pressing a kiss to his cheek and giggling at the groan it caused. Being so close to his lover was always comforting and getting his mind off the horrible nightmares was usually the best, if not only, way he'd be able to get back to sleep.

He traced shapes and designs onto the older's bare chest and shoulders, desperately trying to will the images out of his mind. No more starving. No more hitting. No more violent words. No more locking the kid in its room for hours on end. No more repeats of things his parents did to him as a child.

About half an hour later, his traced shapes slowed to a stop and his hand came to rest on his lover's chest as his eyes drooped shut and he fell into yet another restless sleep.

The next few weeks passed quite similarly - nightmares, panic, and increasing exhaustion at how little real sleep he got. Though, as the couple got the results of the ultrasound of a routine check up, they couldn't help the shocked expressions that crossed their faces.

Twins.

Twins.

They were having twins.

The shock of a second baby quickly faded to happiness as tears streamed down Ben's face and Ian wrapped him in a hug. Smiles spread across both of their faces and they couldn't be happier.

However, that night was a different story.

Ben tossed and turned as his face contorted into all sorts of looks of fear and regret and horror. He woke up panting and screaming with tears threatening to spill down his cheeks as he sat up.

He tried to wipe them away and was shocked to feel wetness already on his cheeks - an undeniable sign that he had been crying in his sleep. He froze for a second, shocked at the realization, and was brought back to reality as he sniffled, new tears falling down his face.

His lip trembled as the images of tiny, starved babies, silent and unmoving, flashed before him. It was followed by more horrific sights - little babies floating in a bathtub as a hairdryer sunk to the bottom, babies in their cribs with necks at unnatural angles, bloody messes and hands and knives covered in red.

Ben shook and sobbed as the images flashed through his mind without end. He pulled at his hair hoping for a distraction and yanked them away as he felt the phantom sensation of blood running down his fingers and arms.