Thunder (Part 2)

Part 2!! Enjoy ^-^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben laid on Ian's chest in silence for a while before, finally, speaking the words he'd been thinking of since Ian first sat by him, "Th-thank you..."

"Hmm? For what?"

"F-for staying with m-me and," he paused to sniffle again, "a-and... doing all this."

"Well, considering that my only other option was to leave you curled up in a ball crying and alone, I'm glad I'm helping you too." Ian removed one hand from Ben's face and wrapped his arm tightly and protectively around him. He held the other boy close to him, gently pressing his head to his chest. Ben sighed lightly as he listened to Ian's heart beat and relaxed further when he felt a hand combing through his hair.

A bright flash of light filled the room and a loud roll of thunder followed a few seconds later. Ben jumped again but, Ian just held him tighter.

"I got ya... You don't need to be scared. I'll protect you, baby." Ian bit his lip and his eyes slightly widened as he slipped up. Oh god, what would Ben think?! I just called him baby.

"Wh-wha... I-Ian?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Wh-what did you... just call me?" Both of them were blushing a light shade of red.

"N-nothing..."

"Y-yeah you did. Y-you called me something l-like...like b-baby..." Ben blushed brighter.

"..."

"I-I don't mind if y-you did..."

"Wh-what?"

"I a-actually kind of l-liked it...but, wh-why did y-you call me that?"

"Wha...uhh...I-I, uhhh-"

Ben cut off his stuttering, "D-do you l-love me?"

Ian was shocked at what Ben asked, "I-I, uhh, I," Ian sighed in defeat, "y-yeah..."

"Wait...y-you do?" The question had been partially asked as a joke.

"Y-yeah... I've been in love with you for a while now... I-I just didn't know how you would react and-" Ian was cut off as a soft pair of lips connected to his own. The kiss was small and soft and over almost as soon as it started. Ben pulled away and gently wrapped his arms around Ian's neck.

"I-I love you, t-too."

More thunder and lightning sounded. Ben jumped slightly and whimpered in response.

Ian gave him a soft smile and readjusted their position so that Ben was sitting straddled across his lap. He tightly wrapped his arms around the frightening boy.

"So, were we both in love with each other and too afraid to admit it?"

"Y-yeah... I guess so."

A comfortable silence filled the air. The two boys began leaning toward each other. Soon, their lips were connected again and they both experienced the best kiss they'd ever had. Ben blushed at the little sound of disappointment he made when Ian pulled away. Ian chuckled.

"Ya like that?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Me too."

And thus their third kiss was initiated. This time, when he pulled away, Ian leaned back against the wall. He closed his eyes and happily sighed. Ben followed suit and made himself comfortable laying against Ian's chest.

Ian protectively held Ben and smiled. "I love you so much."

"Huh? Oh. I love you too." Ben traced a heart onto Ian's chest with his finger then traced 'B + I' on top of it. Ben continued to draw all sorts of shapes and squiggly lines on Ian. It was almost entrancing, just letting his fingers flow over the smooth fabric of Ian's shirt. That, mixed with listening to the rhythmic beating of the other's heart, soon calmed him down much further than he had been since the storm started. Ben could feel his eyelids growing heavier and let himself slip into a much needed rest.

As Ben's hand stopped moving and fell to his side, Ian looked down at him to see if something was wrong. He smiled and let out small, soft chuckle. Ben had gone from being super terrified to blissfully sleeping in a matter of minutes; Ian would never understand how he did it.

Ian let out a soft sigh, relieved that Ben would be at peace for a least a little while. A small smile spread across his face as Ian thought of the past few moments. He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to the top of Ben's head.

"Good night...baby." He smiled once more at Ben's peaceful figure before leaning back against the wall and closing his own eyes. It only took a few minutes for Ian to join Ben in dreamland.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

730 words!

Requests always welcome!!

~Angel ^-^