Pain

Prompt: You can choose to take the pain of your soulmate away. Like if they're sick or even if they just have a paper cut, you can choose to transfer the pain/sickness to yourself instead and they'll heal. You can only do it once you meet them though, since what happens to them doesn't happen to you, unless you transfer it to yourself.

Warning: dark themes, blood, mentions of depression and self harm

I'm just going to say it: I'M SO SORRY FOR HOW LONG THIS IS. I GOT CARRIED AWAY. BUT PLEASE ENJOY THE EXTRA EXTRA LONG CHAPTER.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin had been acting strange the past few days and Ian was starting to get worried. So, he invited the younger man to his house so that they could talk and, hopefully, he could get an explanation for the other's strange behavior.

After about an hour and a half, Benjamin excused himself from the living room to go to the bathroom. It was a few moments after he had left that Ian sighed and silently wished that he could just take all of Ben's pain, or whatever it was that was bothering him, away. What Ian didn't expect, however, was a sudden, overwhelming feeling of confusion and sadness.

It took a little while for Ian to realize that what he was feeling was Ben's pain; that he did take it away.

It was this fact that made Ian's heart fall. Benjamin must have been feeling all of these horrible things inside himself for so long. Why hadn't he told Ian about this? He could of helped him; he could of made him feel better.

Tears were starting to form in the corners of Ian's eyes now, threatening to spill if he kept thinking of what Ben could possibly be going through to make him feel like this. Though, before they could spill, Ian felt a sharp pain against his left wrist.

Confused, Ian wrapped his right hand around the pained spot, hoping that it would lessen the feeling. Though, it was followed by another burst of pain - this time slightly lower on his wrist. Another burst of pain followed right under.

Ian's mind was now racing. What was happening to him? What was this feeling? It was like someone was repeatedly cutting his arm, going lower and lower with each slice. But why? How? One moment he was thinking of what could be the source of all of Benjamin's pain and the next...

Ian's stomach suddenly churned and he felt his blood run cold. Another painful feeling in his arm made him almost get sick to his stomach.

He gathered all of his nerve and forced himself off of the couch. He took a few stiff steps before snapping out of his trance-like state and began running towards the bathroom.

When he got there, he immediately tried to open the door but, it wouldn't budge - it was locked. This fact made Ian's heart fall once again as a feeling of immense dread came over him. He balled up his fists and started banging them on the door.

He took on a near desperate tone as he called to his friend, "Ben, open the door. Open it. Please." He took a shaky breath as he futility tried to hold back his tears and continued speaking, "Y-you can't do this. Pease... Ben...let me in," Ian sniffled and winced at another bust of pain, "S-stop hurting yourself! Let me in! I-I can help you Benjamin...! Please...just stop... please..." Ian sniffled again and wiped his tears. He pressed his right hand against the door and let two last pleas leave his mouth, "I don't want you to die, Ben... I love you..."

The next few seconds felt like an eternity to Ian before he heard a small click and, after a moment more, the door slowly started to open.

Ian lightly pushed the door open before removing the hand that had been on it.