Future

Okay, just go with this okay? It's a weird AUish thing that I thought of once and let's just say some people have superpowers and it's totally normal in this world (or something like that). I really don't have much of an explanation for this😅

Hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian had always loved messing with Ambrew's time travel powers. The two had used it many times to see into historic events - usually the result of arguing over said event after somehow being brought up. They even used it for short term history - usually to have the exact words one of them or their friends said so they could prove themselves right or to locate an item they had forgotten where they left.

It wasn't until one summer day when the two were hanging out at Ian's place with Ben that an entirely different way of using the power was suggested.

"Hey, Ambrew?" Ben called.

"Yeah?"

"Can you see the future?"

"Huh?"

"Your powers. You can see the past, but what about the future?"

"I...ve never tried that."

Excitement shone in the smaller's eyes, "Then you should try it now!"

"I... guess I could... but... hmm..."

Ben cocked his head, "But what?"

"I... usually think of what I want to see and I can see it. How do I think of something that hasn't happened?" He gave a small laugh.

Ben pouted for a moment before his expression lit back up, "Think of me! See what happens to me in the future!"

"Think of you?"

"Yeah! Like older me!"

"I... guess I could try."

"Yay!"

Ben watched as a small window into the future opened by his friend and rushed over to look into it. Ian soon joined and the three friends stared into the scene with awe.

Ben smiled as a nursery came into focus and he saw himself looking into a crib. A single thought ran through his mind at what he saw. He was going to have kids. He had always wanted a big family and it looked like he was going to get it.

He lightly blushed and furrowed his brow in confusion as Ian walked in, face only getting redder as the older wrapped his arms around his future self's waist, embracing him in a backwards hug.

The two in the present blushed much darker and slightly jerked back as future Ben looked up and back at the other, lips quickly coming down and connecting with his own.

They watched as future Ben turned around and the two slightly parted, a very obvious baby bump filling the space between them. Present Ben subconsciously brought his hands to his very flat stomach and felt his heart flutter as future Ian spoke.

"Soon." The world was said in a low, loving tone and was accompanied by a hand pushing a few stray curls out of the other's face.

"I know. I can wait." Future Ben's voice was full of nervousness and excitement but also had a pure happiness to it that showed just how much he was looking forward to parenthood.

Ian leaned down and pressed another loving and passionate kiss to the smaller's lips before the window displaying the scene closed and the three were left in silence.

Ambrew blinked before shifting his gaze to look at the other two. Ben seemed to be frozen red faced with his hands on his stomach and Ian was frozen staring into space where the window had been, face also quite red.

"S-sooo..." Ambrew tried to break the silence.

A moment passed and Ian blinked before clearing his throat. "Was that... real?"

"I... guess so." Ambrew's words sounded more like a question than a statement.

"So... that... actually happens?"

"I guess?"

The older turned to look at Ben and smiled at how badly he was blushing. He gave a small chuckle and waved a hand in front of his face, "Earth to Ben, you there?"

A few slow blinks and the younger's face got even redder as he realized where his hands were. He dropped them to his sides and forced himself to look at Ian.

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine..."

Ian laughed at the obvious embarrassment, "[witty remark]"

They tease each other and banter around until confessions of secrets and hidden feelings are revealed.

Maybe... just maybe, that shocking vision would come true after all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

679 words! Okay, " '[witty remark]' " is officially my favorite thing I've written in this book and probably my second favorite thing I've ever written. These basic outlines are 10/10 sometimes xD

Hope you enjoyed!

~Angel ^-^