Twins

Here's something I've wanted to write for a looong time~

Warning: Mpreg

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian and Ben both plopped down on their couch once they got home from the ultrasound appointment at the hospital. They were supposed to be finding out their baby's gender, but the news they received instead left them feeling overwhelmed in all the best ways.

"Twins." The word sounded foreign as Ian said it.

"Yeah," Ben placed a hand over his stomach, "twins."

A brief, wordless silence fell over them before Ian spoke again, "I... didn't know twins ran in your family."

"Huh?" The sentence took Ben by surprise, "They don't."

Ian gave a small laugh, "They have to."

"What do you mean?"

"Benny Boo, people only have multiples if multiples run in their family. So, they have to run in yours."

"But... there's no twins or anything in my family."

"Then call your parents and ask. Maybe they're distant relatives or something."

"I..." Ben sighed, knowing his husband would persist until he gave in, "Okay, why not." He gave a half smile as he pulled out his phone and started what would end up being perhaps the longest phone call he'd ever had.

Naturally, Ian sat beside him the whole time, watching as his expression changed from curiosity to shock to practically blank. The older was left to wonder what was being talked about in his lover's native language until, finally, Ben hung up and he could ask.

Though, instead of what had been talked about, the first question out of the older's mouth was, "Are you okay?"

Ben sat motionless on the couch seemingly still shocked by what he had just learned. His expression and voice were both nearly emotionless as he responded, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just...," he turned to Ian and took a moment before he could look him in the eye, "I'm adopted."

"Huh?"

"I... my family never told me because I seemed so happy with them. They didn't want me to know what... what happened to my birth family."

Ben took a shaky breath and Ian pulled him close, letting him cuddle again his side in hopes it would comfort him.

"My... birth family... died."

"What?" Ian spoke the word quietly, as if he were speaking to a child.

"They... were killed in a house fire... My young mother and father and my... my twin b-brother... they all died. I-I was the only one that survived." Ben sounded like he was about to cry. "I s-survived and spent a long time in the hospital while our s-story spread through the news."

Tears ran down his cheeks and he clutched onto Ian's chest as he continued, "My parents saw the story and wanted me, the poor little baby, to have a good home s-so they adopted me... I-I never knew..." He cried for a moment more before speaking again, "I-It wasn't fair. My p-parents were about our age, maybe younger, Ian... A-and me and my... my b-brother were only a few months old."

He sniffled and felt Ian hold him tighter, "I-it was a miracle I survived... Th-that's what was all over the news. It was a miracle that the little baby survived the fire. He lost everything but was too young to know. He got a new family and a new life and... and what would of happened if the fire never happened? W-what would it of been like to have a brother... a-a twin? I..." He cut himself off as his crying took over and he sobbed into Ian's chest.

"Hey, hey," Ian rubbed soothing circles onto Ben's back as he brought his other hand to Ben's head and ran it though the messy curls. "You're okay, shh shh, you're okay."

Ian soothed him until the crying slowed to a stop and he could ask a question, "You okay now?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Good, I don't like seeing you so upset." He paused and pressed a kiss to the top of Ben's head before continuing, "If I knew you'd have such a strong reaction to being told your adopted I wouldn't of had you make that call."

Ben let out a sigh, "I-I'm not so much as upset with the fact that I'm adopted, it's just... it was kept from me for so long a-and what happened to my family... my b-birth family... was just so tragic... I-I don't know what to feel..."

"H'mmm," Ian though for a moment, "feel happy."

"Huh?" Ben looked up at him with big, curious eyes.

"You know something new about yourself and," Ian grinned, "you know why we're having twins."

A small smile spread across Ben's face and he subconsciously rested a hand on his stomach.

"Let's just look forward to the future." Ian smiled and rubbed a hand over Ben's stomach, "A future with all four of us."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

790 words! You don't know how good it feels to finally have this done xD

Hope you enjoyed!

Requests always open!!

~Angel ^-^