Chapter 3 | A new side of him

Start from the beginning

"You're not the only one that plays sports", he said

I looked back at my phone to try to avoid eye contact. I was nervous around him.

"Look, I'm sorry what happened back there", he said

I didn't answer.

"Look, Alice I said I'm sorry", he said starting to sound furious

I got up and headed out the bleachers. I didn't want to be near him. He grasped on to my shoulder to turn me around.

"Look I don't know what came over me", He said while looked deep in to my eyes.

I noticed how his eyes were a shade of brown.

Agh, Alice what are you doing?

"Please let me go ", I ask politely

"Let me give you a ride home", he said

It was getting late. I say trying to convince myself.

Alice no, what if he tries to hurt you again!

But he said sorry!

And you buy that!

You're right.

"No, I'm alright Jake", I say without facing him

I turn around and head out of the bleachers once again. He didn't chase after me this time. I guess he finally just gave up.

I make my way out of the building and wait outside. I look for my mom's car but she wasn' here yet. I waited there while my mom got here.

-

I look down at my phone to see what time it was. 8:06 pm. I've been waiting here for an hour. I was starting to regret denying the offer that Jake gave me.

It slowly started to get colder and colder. I turned around and walked up to the school doors. They turned out to be locked.

I let out a big sigh and sat down, alone in the cold. My hands, and feet slowly began to get numb.

I started to see a car drive up to me. I stood up assuming that it was my mom.

"Sorry", my mom shouted through the window

I just ran in to the car and sat down, immediately feeling the wave of warmness hit my body.

"Why, were you so late?", I ask frustrated

"Work", she said, which was her excuse for everything

I rest my head on my hand, while looking out the window.

"How was you're day?", she asked

Out of all the questions in the world. She had to ask that.

"You can clearly see", I stated, reffering to the fact that she was late

"Alice, don't give me that attitude", She said

How is that attitude? Its my answer. I didn't respond. Even if I do respond to her, she would consider that as "Talking back"

My mom drove up the drive way at my house. I let myself out of the car. And head inside the house, and immediately head to the shower.

I turn on the steamy shower on. I take off my clothes, and step in to the hot water. Enjoying every little warm droplet of water hitting my body.

-

After I was done, I head to my room, and put on my pj's on. I jump on my bed, and get my phone from my nightstand. I got 2 text messages from an uknown number.

Hey, princess

I already know who it is was. It was the only guy that called me princess

How did you get my number? I ask

I have my sources He texted

I was really tired so I decided to go to sleep. I set my phone on my nightstand and try to go to sleep.

My eyelids began to get

heavier

and heavier

and heavier.

Then I was off to sleep.

-

I was awoken by the alarm. My eyelids slowly opened up. I see the glaring red numbers

6:00 am.

I gradually get out of bed. My mom wasn't here in the mornings she leaves at 4:00 am every morning. Because of her job. We talked about getting a car for me, but it just never happened.

I pick up my phone from the nightstand and check my phone, It had a couple of missed calls from Jake. I deicided to call him back.

I don't if I was going to regret it.