Showstopper (VII)

Looking at the two of them who seemed as if they were a match made in heaven walk through the door. They had bright smiles on their face as they conversed with one another, submerged in an ambiguous air. You couldn't differentiate whether it was due to knowing each other for many years that they were this close or that they were already in a relationship. Hai Pixiu was helping Bai Taohua bring along her baggage like a true gentleman.

The female lead had short brown curly hair that reached down to her shoulders, it perfectly framed her dainty little face that was no bigger than the palm size of a person's hand. Her honey brown eyes gave out a radiant but soft glow, making her overall figure seem even more delicate and lovable. Bai Taohua wore a white pencil dress that failed to hide the curvatures of her body. The keyhole neckline was a big teaser as only the middle of her beautiful clavicles could be seen, and her smooth and flawless legs were shown along with her five-inch light nude coloured heels. She was like a fulgent ray of light amongst the crowd.

Hai Pixiu wasn't overshadowed by her resplendence. Rather, he was well matched with her. His tall stature of 185 cm (6'1") and 65 kg (143 lbs) was like a male god amongst the other idols in the lobby. You could see his toned body from what showed underneath his black turtleneck sweater, there wasn't any extra ounce of muscle in the wrong place. His navy blue topcoat served as a buffer and stopped many eyes from seeing any more than they should. He steadily walked alongside her, matching her pace perfectly.

If he didn't know their roles as second male lead and female lead, He Xiao would have assumed that Hai Pixiu was the male lead. They made their way up to the counter and checked in. He Xiao cocked his head to the side and continue to scrutinize the situation.

He had long noticed that his system wasn't with them. Without Bao Bao by his side, he didn't have the information he needed. From his online research, he only found the most basic of the information and left the hacking and eavesdropping to Bao Bao as he volunteered for it. There was a natural trust between the two; he wouldn't ever question his system's action and depend on him, while the other would do vice versa. Even if he did question, it was harmless and out of curiosity, then ridicule or distrust.

He Xiao had already tried to contact him a couple more times but received no reply. From Mo Wang's answer, he found that Bao Bao was with the male lead but he was concentrated on looking through the files. He could only wait for his system to contact him first after he's done.

Feeling someone's eyes on her, Bai Taohua shifted her sight to the direction in which she felt the eyes on her and saw two beautiful grey eyes staring at her. Her breath was taken away by how enchanting his appearance was. Feeling a tingling sensation, her eyes brightened instantly as if she finally came upon a treasure.

Seeing the enigmatic light in her eyes, it sent a shiver down his spine. He wasn't afraid of her... It was just that the feeling she gave him... It was as if she found the perfect specimen. And for what, you would ask? Something only comrades were aware of.

Unable to stop herself, Bai Taohua strode over and stopped before him. Her eyes almost seem to coruscate the sunlight and was ready to shoot out a mystifying light at him at any moment. She beamed a smile at him with her hand stretched out at him, "Nice to meet you, little beauty~ I'm Bai Taohua!"

Her voice was lovely and sweet, just like a red velvet cake that made your stomach growl as it sits behind that impenetrable glass. Standing up, he held her hand and shook it, "Nice to meet you as well, older sister Bai. I'm He Xiao. It's very nice to make your acquaintance."

Grasping onto his hand, she squealed, "Oh my god! You're so much cuter than I expected~! Your voice is perfect. Perfect, I say!"

His brows knitted, he tilted his head to the side, "Cute? Perfect?"

Realizing that she had been too overexcited, Bai Taohua cleared her throat and blushed. "Please excuse my behavior just then. I was overly excited, that's all."

He Xiao bobbed his head, the corners of his lips curved upward. "No worries, older sister Bai."

Giggling, she rubbed his hands a couple more times. "Oh ho ho. Your hands are so soft and smooth, little brother He."

The feeling that he was somehow in danger entered his system. He almost wanted to pull his hand back and hide every piece of his body from her. Seeing Hai Pixiu who was abandoned, made his way over. He Xiao felt a sense of salvation. He didn't feel the perpetual fear like a prey to its predator, but it was something else that gave him the goosebumps instinctually and that couldn't put his fingers on what it was.

Smiling apologetically, Hai Pixiu introduces himself, "Sorry for Tao Tao's overly enthusiastic self. I'm Hai Pixiu, it's very nice to finally meet you."

Raising an eyebrow, it seemed like this was a common occurrence. Otherwise, Hai Pixiu wouldn't be acting like so. Taking his hand, He Xiao amiably nods, "It's very nice to meet you too, big brother Hai. I didn't think that I would meet you earlier than expected."

Hai Pixiu chuckled, "I wasn't sure if I wanted to accept the invitation at first, but Tao Tao convinced me."

Bai Taohua winked at He Xiao, "Of course~"

Pulling on his hand, she brought him back over to his seat and sat right next to him. "But enough about the two of us... Your big sister is curious about you."

Feeling a crisis on its way, He Xiao's eye twitched faintly. Hai Pixiu just palmed his forehead and shook his head. She was like a bullet train in Japan but with no brakes. Once she sets off, there was no stopping this woman once she locked onto her target.