Everlasting Melody (XIX)

A/N: There will be two more chapters after this one until the end of the arc, bringing the 8th arc to its ending (finally)!! Thank you and enjoy~

★~*~*~☆ндρρч(+≧3≦)йёщ(≧ε≦+)чёдγ☆~*~*~★
Got caught up with the babies today because some people ditched me until 9 pm... *cough* I'll try and get the last chapter of the arc out after I finish EoS~ 

---

After Song WuYou left to meet up with Tang Bingyi, He LiGe was left alone in the rather empty apartment. He leaned against the door frame and looked at the sleeping Lin Jun Kai. The corners of his lips hooked up revealing a delicate smile on his dainty face. Someone had their lips pursed and brows furrowed as if they were dissatisfied by something. He LiGe strode over and gently rubbed his thumb over their eyebrows to soothe them. His eyes filled with tenderness, he was the product of their love; something that had the both of them.

He LiGe whispered, "How I wish you could meet your older siblings as well."

Though he never talked about it, He LiGe loved all of his children before. They weren't related by blood but they were just as close as any other family. Blood was just something that they would have in common, there were many other things in which they could connect to each other with.

It was sad to say that when he asked Bao Bao in his very first world about the possibility of bringing them along with him, Bao Bao had given a negative answer. They were a product of that world and without a stronger force sustaining their soul, they will cease to exist as their souls are unable to adapt nor take in the nutrients from another source. It was like telling 'A' to absorb something from 'C' but 'A' could only take in the nutrients from another 'A'.

He LiGe dropped the idea afterwards and focused on living life to the fullest. He understood that he couldn't stay in that world forever and started to prepare for his departure early on. When he would have to leave, it nicked at his heart but knowing that they would not suffer terribly and were old enough to defend themselves, it provided him a peace of mind.

Having the need to paint, He LiGe walked over to the cupboard and took out the art supplies. He smoothly set up his station and started painting. With each skillful stroke, the blank canvas became filled with cool assorted colors. Slowly, he added in warm colours and then defined the figure in the painting.

Time ticked forward effortlessly, it had already been four hours since he started painting. Rubbing his neck, He LiGe carefully lifts the brush from the palette of colours. Just as the brush was about to touch the canvas, a knock came from the door.

He LiGe stood up from his seat and walked to the front door. Looking through the peephole, he found nothing strange or alarming and opened the door.

---

In the middle of the night, Lin Jun Kai was suddenly awakened. He could feel something eerie and bloodthirsty in the air, sending warnings to his brain. When he opened his eyes, and he found that he was at He LiGe's place. Usually Lin Jun Kai wouldn't have his defense lowered to this level and get caught off guard, but he had been with both of his parents; the safest place for him and therefore didn't take any precautions.

He felt the empty spot next to him and found that it has long been cold. Lin Jun Kai's eyes scanned the room and spotted a figure by the window.

His eyes narrowed with uncertainty, obviously the figure there was his mother, He LiGe. The same hair, the same eyes, the same lips, and even the same expressions but he could distinctively tell that the person standing there was not his mother. They felt dangerous and unstable, as if at any moment, they would suddenly lash out. His chest felt congested as he stared at the figure.

And as if noticing a pair of eyes on them, they turned to face Lin Jun Kai. Their lips faintly angled and he beckoned him over, "You're awake, Xiao Jun. Come here."

From the moment he woke up to them speaking, seconds had only elapsed. The bizarre aura before disappeared and was placed by He LiGe's usual demeanor; it was as if what Lin Jun Kai had just seen was a figment of his imagination. He jumped off the bed and rushed over and hugged him, "Mommy..."

He LiGe rubbed their back, "What's wrong, Xiao Jun? Did you have a nightmare?"

Lin Jun Kai shook his head, "Don't leave us, mommy."

The smile on He LiGe's face faltered a little, hearing his son plead. He picked up Lin Jun Kai and carried him in his arms. Instead of answering him, He LiGe simply kissed their forehead. A wave of complicated emotions flooded his heart.

The day of the concert arrives and many are looking forward to the results. Many had already started guessing which student from which school would win this year's competition. The two hottest topics were Song WuYou and Ruan CangHai. Some had assumed that Song WuYou would win, and others were betting on Ruan CangHai, a fierce debate erupted as each side defended their own music god.

The venue was filling up with crowds of people, Song WuYou stood backstage with his violin case in his hand. Wearing a white and black tuxedo, the colors were reversed and differentiated from the typical look. The coat was a flawless white color with a black collar, the pocket and buttons were also black, the black pants slimmed down only to accentuate his long legs, they did not look like chicken legs and had some muscle to them but they also weren't overly buff as well, and a white button up dress shirt that was the same shade as the coat was adorned with a perfectly angled bowtie.

The backstage was filled with other students and their teacher, each filled with different emotions.

Song WuYou didn't reveal any emotions on his face as he waited for the event to start. His mind wasn't even present at the moment, as he thought about what happened when he went to go find Si Wang. He and Tan Bingyi had been able to locate traces of Si Wang but they had been unable to pinpoint where he was exactly. They were like a slippery wet eel, their flexible body were hard to get a good hold of as they would slip right through your nets and fingers.

That day, Song WuYou did not return until early the next morning. He did not bother to sleep or talk with the others, but cuddled with his lover and son until late in the afternoon.

He glanced at the time as he sat patiently in his seat, it was almost time for the concert to start.