Beneath the Heavens (XIII)

Fu Yemu tilted his head to the side in a strange manner, "Are you not curious to why I knew you were going to come, An Zhangyi?"

He lea burst of abnormal and hollow laughter, "Ahaha. Finally."

He took in an exceptionally long breath before he rambled on, "... It will finally be complete now. Everything will be complete once I have what I need from you."

His voice sounded extremely tired as if he had been awaiting this moment for a very long time.

Suddenly, a strong gust of sinister wind blew past the two of them. An Zhangyi squinted his eyes in return, but even so, he had clearly seen their muscles twitch in concentration. A feeling of disquietude flashed in his heart. He didn't know what had caused the other to suddenly tense up. Fu Yemu's eyes flickered with a sharp light as he looked at him. His body disappeared momentarily before his figure flashed before him.

Prepared, An Zhangyi blocked their blow with the sword but he was caught off by their monstrous strength. His knees nearly collapsed from the hit. An Zhangyi deflected their sword, his hand shaking a little. His gaze darkened with misgiving. Just how did Fu Yemu who just slightly stronger than An Qingfeng, suddenly achieve this level of power? Even if you beat An Zhangyi to death, he wouldn't have believed that this man had hidden his 'true' strength the entire time and he was only biding his time. His (FY) current strength was something imperceivable for him.

Not even letting a little time go to waste, Fu Yemu chased after An Zhangyi as if he was put in a time constraint. With each blow he was forced to defend against, his muscles ached. Whenever An Zhangyi could avoid his thunderous strikes, he would maneuver out of it. But the objects receiving the blow instead instantly caved in from the impact.

During their cat-and-mouse game, An Zhangyi took the opportunity to attentively scrutinized Fu Yemu. His pupils constricted as he realized the reason for the boost in power and why they were in such a rush. What An Zhangyi had seen had been omitted from the plot, but he wasn't even sure that it had actually happened in the original plot line. Had his actions caused a butterfly effect to occur?

Although the Siege at Qingcheng transpired the same time as it did in the plot, the aberrant factor was his timely encounter with Fu Yemu. Originally, together with the other clans, they would've advanced into the sect. In doing so, they would've lost a numerous amount of cultivators in exchange. After, the original would encounter Fu Yemu accidentally in an unnamed remote area. There, his golden core was 'broken', subsequently to losing in a battle against Fu Yemu.

Currently, the difference in time from when he would chance upon Fu Yemu in the original plot and the current one was three hours. An Zhangyi concluded that the decrease in time had put a tantamount amount of pressure on Fu Yemu, causing them to deviate from their original course of action.

Twisting his body, he narrowly avoided the vicious stab from Fu Yemu that would have penetrated into his lungs. He skillfully drew up his sword and slashed past their left sleeve. Underneath, appeared a pale arm looking exceedingly smooth. Its appearance was very different from a male cultivator's arm. The hand was much more slender and smaller in size. The color of the skin was not fair or wheat colored, but the pale shade of the full moon. Neither did it have the robustness or thickness that a male cultivator usually exhibited.

An Zhangyi finally replied, his voice was full of cool incredulity, "Whose arm did you let posses you, Sect Leader Fu?"

Fu Yemu's face finally changed and turned malignant. He scowled, "You have seen too much, little cultivator."

He suddenly switched the sword in his hands and held it with the corpse hand. A nasty leer emerged from their face and their attacks turned extremely brutal. Fu Yemu, "I was planning to spare you, but only a dead man can keep a secret."

———

On the other side, Bao Bao was wracking his brains on where that psychotic man would hide things. He was already at his fastest speed, scanning over the walls, floorings, and items in the place with hawk-like eyes. He flew out of the side hall and entered the room where Fu Yemu resided.

Searching for the bookcase, he inspected every inch of it. Bao Bao had a strong inkling that what he had been tirelessly searching for was behind it. He flew past the wall and his stomach immediate twisted with nausea. Bao Bao promptly dashed out of the room and started retching. His eyes stung and small amounts of tears were shed. He wiped his mouth and contacted his host.

[Bao Bao has sword's location, host.]

Shortly after, a reply came in.

[I cannot leave the area.]

This made Bao Bao wrinkle his brows.

[What's wrong?]

Bao Bao's hearts had some doubts that went rampage. Did they get hurt? Were they lost? Could there have been an ambush? He shook his head, that was impossible as he already checked the area already and there was no other living person here besides Fu Yemu.

[He placed down an array to stop me from leaving.]

Hearing their concise and short answers, he knew that An Zhangyi was currently occupied with something. Taking in a few deep breaths, Bao Bao assuaged the sickening sensation his abdomen and activated his passive.

He walked back over to the bookshelf and started combing every inch of it with his hands. His host left him with a task and if they were unable to come and get it, he would go to them. Obviously, he was scared of what awaited him outside the doors but he was more afraid for what will happen to his baby. Never did he want to see An Zhangyi in that state ever again.

His hands grazed past a book and he pulled on it.

Click.

A small sound was made and the bookcase seemed to come off loosely. Bao Bao pulled on it and dragged it so that it would open wide. The putrid smell that wafted out made his face turn green and he instinctively wanted to seek refuge, but Bao Bao pushed all of those thoughts away. He can't be a coward. Not right now.

Taking steady steps he entered the room filled with carnage.